got ethical husbandry?

[Mar 11, 2017] 2017 supporting members frag swap (Hayward, ca)

And in a hobby where everything costs far more than $30.00 (including the water you use) it'll be the best $30.00 you spend. You'll get more than that back in corals at each of the swaps alone -- let alone the help and knowledge available here. My first members swap I brought three frags and left with well over a dozen (and much nicer ones.) Now that I'm slightly more established I'll bring far more this time around (and much nicer ones) so that folks like you can rack up.
Thanks Bruce! I really appreciate it! I'll def be around more. I'll be upgrading my account today :)

@Jamesskii408 Bring at least 3 corals (at least 2 different kinds). You can buy them from one of the lfs on the way if you don't have anything. CRC usually has a buy 3 get one free deal.

We'll go in rounds to pick one coral each round. If everyone brought exactly 3 corals then you would come home with 3 but most people bring many more than 3 so you usually get quite a few more.

Want to be there... except parent hood is keeping me away (more specifically one of his friends is having a 1st birthday party....) *sigh* Damn didn't I just make a post about having a kid isn't kicking me out of the hobby?

At some point, you'll just bring him along. My girls will come with me...though I'll bring them their android devices to keep them occupied during non swap times.

At some point, you'll just bring him along. My girls will come with me...though I'll bring them their android devices to keep them occupied during non swap times.
If that were only the case... I mean if I had to "baby sit" (my wife says I'm not allowed to use that term for our child :D) then sure no problem. Unfortunately this is "his" friend (my wife's who had a kid who's 2 weeks older) so they are going to be at the birthday party which means I am as well.

If that were only the case... I mean if I had to "baby sit" (my wife says I'm not allowed to use that term for our child :D) then sure no problem. Unfortunately this is "his" friend (my wife's who had a kid who's 2 weeks older) so they are going to be at the birthday party which means I am as well.

A friend's birthday party? Dude -- that's a whole room of built-in babysitters. Drop him off and come to Hayward! You haven't quite got the knack of this parenting thing yet, but we're here to help.

When my wife's friend's kids have parties and I don't know the kid or the friend very well, I just say "OK, have fun!". Really I don't need to be dragged to someone else's kids party if my kids don't even know them.

If I know the parent then I might go. But yes, when the kids were younger like yours, we all went to fricken everything.

V

So...a couple of newbie questions. From the link it states that I need to bring at least 3 different corals. If I bring more such as 4 or 5, how does that work? Do they all have to be different? From the link it suggests that 4 and 5 can be the same?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, but my home is far, far anyway from Campbell. If you're willing to drive up to Milpitas to my office, I can bring some with me to work on a weekday. Or pick a weekday and I can potentially meet at Neptune's around lunchtime.

So...a couple of newbie questions. From the link it states that I need to bring at least 3 different corals. If I bring more such as 4 or 5, how does that work? Do they all have to be different? From the link it suggests that 4 and 5 can be the same
Yes bring 3 different corals and after that they can be the same
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is it worth for me to go if I am going to be late! I can always drop off corals to a member early to take it for me. Can that person pick for me until I get there?

Back