got ethical husbandry?

Tubb Blue Zoa

Pretty cheap, if I ever have time to go out there.

Are you coming to the swap? :D

I wish I could. I have to work that day and might have to attend a 1st bday party in the afternoon too! I work in Oakland and live in Berkeley. If you can't find it at the swap come by and I'll get you a frag!

I wish I could. I have to work that day and might have to attend a 1st bday party in the afternoon too! I work in Oakland and live in Berkeley. If you can't find it at the swap come by and I'll get you a frag!

Will do.

I'm making a zoa island and I need some blue color. This one is as blue as it get I think. I thought about using Spiderman but they are a bit too tiny.

These aren't a very large variety of zoas either, so if you think spiderman are too tiny, you might want to reconsider.

Tubbs are very small and slow growing -- about the size of your Spiderman polyps. I have some in my frag tank because they don't do well in my main display. I've been afraid to try fragging them though since they are so small. You're welcome to come over and cut a few off though :)

If you want larger blues I'd try Blue Hornets which grow pretty fast or Wolverines. Both are larger polyps, but, so far, in my limited experience the Hornets are much easier to grow in a pretty colony. Wolverine's seem to do a weird spready, outy kind of thing.

1/3 the size of a rasta sounds about right for Tubbs as well so yeah, you won't see a difference in size between spiderman and tubbs if that's the case.

Back