Neptune Aquatics

Tank Move Help Needed March 12th

Seems the project will happen but will be the 48x48 tank.
I need some volunteers to help me move the glass tank from Valmar Terrace @ Peru St. to Guerrero St. @ 14th. St. in San Francisco.
I'm shooting to move the tank either Sat 11th or Sun 12th of March.
The person wants the tank out in a single day; I will ask if I can pick the rock and sand prior but I don't mind leaving that outside in containers and returning later in the day by myself; what I'd like is to bring the tank into the basement; then deal with the stand as the project progresses.

@Vhuang168 @Flagg37 @euod

I'd appreciate to borrow the glass lifting cups and euod's offer to bring them to SF. I think I can get a truck but have to check if the truck is still there. Otherwise I can get an Odyssey mini-van but not sure if the tank will fit in flat on the bottom or upright on one side.

Tank is in a garage, street level. Going into a basement (my hide-out) there are five or six steps then a straight shot. I have furniture moving dollies so the real issue is to take it onto the transport vehicle, unload it on Guerrero down few steps and roll it; no need to set it; will be left resting on it's back. until the actual build starts taking place.

Thanks !!

Well I guess since that's literally only a few blocks from me I need to help at least with the loading part :D There's a reefer this close and I don't know? Damnit! :D This guy has a setup he's breaking down?

I met him about 10 years ago; bought something off of him, can't recall what it was. I do remember the tank, it was full of life, nice colorful life. He was mostly on RC.
He shut down the tank years ago and wants the garage space back.

Thanks all; I'll contact the seller of the tank and let him know Sunday the 12th.
Can the cups be brought to the Frag Swap?

It's a no go.
Shady thing; tank is paid for and guy seems to be accepting offers of "I'll pick it up ASAP"
I mentioned to him I would get the tank out next weekend and seems desperate.
Already asked for the money back so he can sell it to the person picking up ASAP...

Oh well, back to the drawing board...
One thing that I feel we need as a club, is a couple spare suction cups up here in SF; I'll be checking CL for a good deal.

Well that sucks, this neighborhood is full of all sorts of shifty reefers it seems, myself, Coral Reefer, and the list keeps getting bigger!

Well if you have a source glass, you could always build a 4' x 4' tank if you wanted :D That's one of the bigger things that has stopped me from just building a tank, is where the hell do I go for glass... although as tank sizes get bigger, different techniques run through my mind, and I wonder if the cost of glass for me (i.e. not a wholesale/reseller rates) might not about the same amount as having a pro build the tank.

I went to quote a piece of glass for the 36" cube but $260... Plus silicone, and the time to re-build it...
Glasscages sells low iron glass for a pretty decent price BUT the polishing, edges and shipping is just a deal breaker.
Quoted me via SWA South West Airlines $252; glass itself $72; polished edges $60, shipping $120.
I guess if shipping is a flat $120 might as well order all the glass pieces and put it together here but is not my decision...

in the future, if it's needed, i do have a small 4'x8' trailer. i normally use it to haul my motorcycles around. however, with the roads the way they are around the bay area and the fact that the trailer has little to no suspension... it'd say it'd be somewhat risky to transport a big tank on it.

Back