Neptune Aquatics

[Grow-Out Contest]: Mohawk Zoa

RandyC

Supporting Member
Day_0194_20170317_0007-2.jpg

Details

• This is an unofficial grow-out contest not sponsored by BAR.
  • Must be a supporting member to participate.
  • Entry fee: $5 (I will provide payment details to you once your entry is confirmed)
  • Number of frags available: I have 18 single polyp frags that I made last night. They all looked viable this early morning, but I'll check when I get back home. We will be limited to the number of successful frags.
  • Duration: April -> Dec.
  • Tracking: Monthly pictures required. Monthly tracking similar to previous grow-out contests.
Rules
  • Entry fee must be paid before frag is received.
  • All entry fee money will be used for prizes (i.e., I will not keep any of it - unless I win :))
  • If there are fewer than 10 people, winner take all. If there are more than 10, we can see if a second place prize makes sense.
  • You must post 1 picture of your frag by the last day of each month (example July 31) or you will be disqualified.
    • You have 1 cheat month where you can miss a picture submission.
  • The frag with most NEW GROWTH POLYPS win
    • Even if you start out with 3 polyps, if you still have 3 polyps at the end and everyone has 2 polyps, you lose because your zoas did not gain any new polyps.
  • Contest will end DECEMBER 31, 2017
Obtaining Frag
  • I live in Castro Valley and work in Milpitas
  • Weekday pickups are best in CV at nights after 9pm. Tonight is an exception, I should be available after 5 at home. I will be home some of this weekend.
  • Weekday pickup in Milpitas will work at my office during business hours. Or I can meet at Neptune's at lunch. I can also meetup on my drive to work in the morning if it's along 680 and close to a freeway exit (between 580 and Landess exits).
To Enter
  • State your intent to enter by replying to this thread
  • If you don't mind picking up and holding frags for others, please include location in reply
  • PM me details of preferred pickup time/location
  • First come first served.
Tracking: https://goo.gl/tGIMkk

Participants
1. RandyC
2. dswong01
3. gabloo
4. coral4me & Ashalye
5. Kim P.
6. roostertech
7. Bmart
8. Flagg37
9. Baykes
10. Prisonfood53
11. Geneva
12. Yippee

Last edited:
Count me in please! Can I please meet up at Neptune at Lunch during weekdays?

I could hold frags for those that live in San Jose. I live near SJSU and available after 7 pm during weekdays.

If anyone in the north bay wants a frag I can cut you one. I'm not a supporting member yet but you guys can have a frag probably have around 10-15

I'll be meeting up with @gabloo at 12:30pm this Wednesday at Neptune's to provide him his frag. If anyone else wants to enter and meet up at this time to pick up a frag, let me know.

It's on! Good luck to you all! I moved a single polyp to a new rock last night and here's a picture so you all know my starting point. If anyone would still like to join, I still have a number of frags available. If you'd like to pick one up tonight or tomorrow morning or afternoon, I'll be home. I am assuming that everyone is starting with a single polyp, if you're not, let me know.

Day_0209_20170401_0002.jpg

Back