Cali Kid Corals

My home grown coral aquarium fully mature. Come see, come all.

wfong

Supporting Member
practice.JPG

This is an Oceanic 120 gallon 48"X24"X24". Lighting is supply by combo hybrid lighting. One 450 watts radium,
two ATI 54 watts blue plus and a Kessil 360N. Calcium and Alkalinity are kept up with a Euro Reef Skimmer.

This Reef Tank have never crash on me and had been running for 7 years.
Some of the corals are growing old with me bought back when BAR sponsor a coral show about 6
years ago in the Bay Area.

The photos shows just the left side of the reef. On the right of the reef is a super large bright pink bird nest grown from a 2" inch frag as my center piece
(size 24"X24" X 15" inches) I'll post more photos.

How long did you grow that monster ponape colony?

I bought the ponape bird nest 2.0" inch frag from Neptune Aquarium on July 6, 2013. I keep good record on my corals with the date of purchase and the seller. A highly recommended sustainable coral for a home reef tank.

Last edited:
I bought the ponape bird nest 2.0" inch frag from Neptune Aquarium on July 6, 2013. I keep good record on my corals with the date of purchase and the seller.

Cool, I got a itsy bitsy 1" frag of ponape right now. Will see how long it take for mine to get to decent size :D

This is the my center piece bright pink birdnest coral that has been with me since April 23, 2011. Back then, it was just a 2" inch broken off frag from Aquatic Gallery display show tank in Milpitas. The size shown now is up to 24"X24"x15" inch in size.
Wow....Very cool!

aquatic gallery closed up their store front quite a few years ago. I think they still do aquarium maintenance and new set ups for home/ office.

Bay Area Marine Aquarist Conference. It was an attempt to bring a show to the Bay Area in the same vein as Reefapalooza, only worked for 2 years. Gresham was the one who put it all together and I think it physically and mentally was too tough for one person to handle.

Back