Kessil

Regional Frag Swap Sept 16th

Looking forward to this! Im willing to help with setup/cleanup and can help with registration/putting frags on the tables. Can't wait :D

I was going to try and put together a flyer that can be posted at our sponsors' stores. I can take some to Neptune. Is anyone else able to take them to CRC, AC, Diablo, and the new sponsor (it doesn't have to be the same person)? I'll email you the flyer.

It's free for supporting members but how much is it for everyone else (@Coral reefer)? We're still going to be selling pizza at it right?

The coral farmers market is in august. @Ashalye are you able to update the landing page slide to advertise for it (or if you can't do you know who is able)? Then as soon as it's over can you have a slide ready for the regional swap? We will have a table at the CFM and I plan on handing out flyers for our swap there, so it would be good to have the slide up for the swap as soon as possible to guide non-members to information about it.

We'll also need people for...

Two for registration and getting people checked in and handle the purchasing of raffle tickets
One for coral inspection/bonus coral qualification
One for coral table organization
One to be the coral "bouncer"
One runner to just bounce around where needed
One to sell pizza and club t-shirts (@Coral reefer, are you still able to pick up the pizzas?)

This is just a minimum so if someone has already volunteered for a position but you'd like to help out with it too then don't hold back.

@mray2660 we'll be taking cash for the raffle, registration, pizza, and shirts. I don't expect you to man each of these tables but can you oversee anything to do with the handling of cash and make sure there's some cash in the box to make change with?

Anything else I'm forgetting?

I was going to try and put together a flyer that can be posted at our sponsors' stores. I can take some to Neptune. Is anyone else able to take them to CRC, AC, Diablo, and the new sponsor (it doesn't have to be the same person)? I'll email you the flyer.

It's free for supporting members but how much is it for everyone else (@Coral reefer)? We're still going to be selling pizza at it right?

The coral farmers market is in august. @Ashalye are you able to update the landing page slide to advertise for it (or if you can't do you know who is able)? Then as soon as it's over can you have a slide ready for the regional swap? We will have a table at the CFM and I plan on handing out flyers for our swap there, so it would be good to have the slide up for the swap as soon as possible to guide non-members to information about it.

We'll also need people for...

Two for registration and getting people checked in and handle the purchasing of raffle tickets
One for coral inspection/bonus coral qualification
One for coral table organization
One to be the coral "bouncer"
One runner to just bounce around where needed
One to sell pizza and club t-shirts (@Coral reefer, are you still able to pick up the pizzas?)

This is just a minimum so if someone has already volunteered for a position but you'd like to help out with it too then don't hold back.

@mray2660 we'll be taking cash for the raffle, registration, pizza, and shirts. I don't expect you to man each of these tables but can you oversee anything to do with the handling of cash and make sure there's some cash in the box to make change with?

Anything else I'm forgetting?
It's not free for anyone. The supporting members swap is free, this is the regional swap, everyone pays. There may be a discount for early registration and or bar supporting members. We haven't decided on lunch or not yet.

I can be there early to help set up chairs, tables, and keep frag tables organized. I also like lunch. Might be able to stay after to help break down depending on when it ends

I'm a graphic designer/video editor by trade, I'd be happy to do whatever promotional stuff is needed for the event. Otherwise, I also do manual labor... and lunch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

We are hoping to frag some corals to bring but we cant find the prohibited corals list for this swap. Are green zoas ok? Singulara? Green poci? We would like to get this done so we are not fragging the night before.

No, but there were talk about banning that as well, since they grow very fast. But nothing written yet.
It's tough being a "poor newbie" we started with the beginner corals (which are frowned upon) and our tanks are not seasoned enough to feel comfortable spending a couple hundred on a piece of nice eye candy.

Just get any 3 corals from here (https://cornbredcorals.com/) and you'll be set.
Yea we could buy them, but it is a lot more fun to have father/son time together fragging what we have grown. Question: say we are going to frag a birdsnest for the swap, how large a cutting should we do? We were fragging the green zoas and figured 3-5 polyps? And if I frag a gorgonian, should we just do 1 stem?

Back