got ethical husbandry?

Oct Get Together

Hey, can someone make a banner? its a little late, but we should make this the landing event.

I can make one. What details do you want on it other than address date and time? Would you also happen to have Fish Doctor's logo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’m unaware if we have the banner or not. Apron has made a suggestion that we do a potluck or have the club buy pizza. Presidential approval needed for pizza as my name is not on the account. Also keep in mind that Fish Doc is not a big store. Not sure if any specials are being made but I will ask. We really wanted to make this event for our new sponsor and our west side members. In time Fish Doc will be a nice place to visit. Also parking is on the street ( Palmetto )

since I have done this kinda of this before - I thought it would be better to eat and chat there before we head out to Chris's place.

I am not sure exactly who is coming - that would help if would even try a potluck kinda thing. ( we would need chairs, plates and cups too)

Please RSVP with your Name and Handle (maybe what you would bring if we did potluck)
1.) Arnold/ Apon/ DimSum Dumplings?

I’m hoping to make it too, always nice to see/meet BAR members and I haven’t been to the store before. If we are planning lunch, my vote for what it’s worth would be to just meet at a nearby food place to keep it simple.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

He said we can eat in the parking lot in front of his shop...but I think we need to bring our own chairs and things.

Hi Guys,
I'm one of the newly joined member, very high chance I'm able to join this meeting after dropping off my kids to volleyball. Also, it's in my side of the Bay anyway and a great chance to meet some of the members. My vote is to keep things simple! Either way, I won't be able to join any eating as I have to pickup my kids & wife around 2ish and head to lunch.

Hi all.
Hope your week is going well and you are excited about the event this Saturday, I am.
My plan is to offer water and coke, byob. Pot luck was suggested by Arnold, but I am thinking
the option of eating somewhere locally is a easier and nicer option imo.
My suggestions are Toro Loco(mexican) Dinosaurs(vietnamese sandos) Colombos(regular sandos)
All are cheap and good eats.
I have a few chairs and a couch = seating for 3/4, if you want or need a chair let me know.
I am setting up a canopy and tables in the parking lot and plan on maybe 6-10 people.
This will be a fun intimate coral workshop and I have new tools and goodies coming just
for this workshop! Who is bringing coral to frag? Any special requests? See you on Saturday at noon!

Hey Mike, I have a few corals I can bring for fragging. One is a giant Frogspawn, but that isn’t too difficult to frag. Most of my other stuff is SPS, also not too difficult. I’ll see if I can bring a chalice or two.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I Wanna Sex You Up.
teehee Seriously, I will bring this Mycedium - pic earlier in thread - assuming the school reopens Friday or I can get in - smoke closure tomorrow.

I plan on cutting montipora caps, candy cane, echinophyllia chalice, torch corals, sinularia, bubble anemone, green birds nest, mushrooms, green toadstool.
Should be a good amount to work with, along with any contributions.
Bring your coral transporters if you have them, some of this is going home with you guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I plan on cutting montipora caps, candy cane, echinophyllia chalice, torch corals, sinularia, bubble anemone, green birds nest, mushrooms, green toadstool.
Should be a good amount to work with, along with any contributions.
Bring your coral transporters if you have them, some of this is going home with you guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Awesome! Definitely looking forward to it

Does anyone going on Saturday have any magnetic sand which I assume is black? Looking for about a cup of it for a sand lab in Dec. I have all sorts of sands but nothing magnetic.

Back