Our mission

CAD Lights 46G

Went to RAP this past weekend and ran into some familiar faces.

Ended up picking up more sticks this time around and I only went down there for two pieces. Ended up driving back north with a chunk missing from my wallet. The drive was long and I didn't get back until 11:45ish. Finally dipped all of them and placed them into the tank at work ~12:15ish and made it back home at 1. The 9 A.M. meeting at work this morning was rough since I wanted to check on the corals instead.
default_blush.png

The sps are all on the sand bed currently and will stay there for at least a week before I plant them down. Here's the list of what was picked up:

RR Orange Machine
RR Orange Passion
RR Wolverine
RR Firecracker
Miguel's Mango Passion (OG Miguel)
Gonzo's Poison Envy
RR Inner Core
MattV Rainbow Envy
...one unnamed RR yellow sps

Also wanted one single huge polyp of a blasto that I've never seen before. It was there on the first day and I was hoping to pick it up on the second, but it was gone by the time that I got back to the booth.
Somebody hit up the Reef Raft booth. Did you leave any for anyone else? :) I'd like to see that yellow SPS. Just how yellow is it?

Oh I left plenty for everyone else! There's no point in picking up extras of the same thing. The yellow is more green under my lights, but that could also be due to my normally high phosphates.

6484881113605821382%253Faccount_id%253D1

My so called yellow millepora that I picked up at the CFM, is green in my system. Does anyone have a true yellow SPS here?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Depends on the spectrum of your lighting and of course your nutrient levels. Pink floyd and/or the TCK pikachu are a couple of the true yellows. I'm running phosphates at 0.17 ppm. I've seen the PF and pikachu with lower phosphates (~0.03 - 0.05 ppm).

Pink Floyd under RB
rr_pink_floyd_rbonly_081517.jpg
1619190992512.png

Pink Floyd under full spectrum
rr_pink_floyd_100517.jpg
1619191003651.png

Last edited:
Glad that I could help. :p

Phosphates have been high since at least March, when I measured it at 0.15 ppm. I could probably bring it down by feeding less or elevating my nitrates, which are usually bottomed out. Nitrates tested at 0.2 ppm so it's detectably low.

My so called yellow millepora that I picked up at the CFM, is green in my system. Does anyone have a true yellow SPS here?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I picked up a sunset millepora that definitely is yellow on the top half (green on bottom) but it has brownish polyps that block some of the nice color. The Pink Floyd I saw at the recent coral farmers market was the yellowest acro I've seen outside my tank.

Back