Neptune Aquatics

Keep your post and threads clean

To those who are complaining:

With all due respect, Ya'll are a bunch of hypocrites. I bet you've watched Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Fifty Shades of Gray, or insert any other mainstream entertainment that is 100x worse than a picture of Khloe Kardashian or a herpes post (which is taken from The Hangover which I'm sure is a movie ALL of you have seen. Don't lie). Be real. I don't believe any of you are as prude as you make yourself out to be. Actually I know for a fact because someone told me you make jokes like these among your friends on your group chats. Hypocrites!

I went to school in Fremont where we had sex education class in 6th grade and they showed us graphic pictures of herpes and HIV, pustules and vesicles and all. If you want to keep your kids in a bubble, that's up to you. But I guarantee you, your kids are growing up faster than you think no matter how much you want to avoid or censor everything and everyone around them.

Be honest with yourself. Your fake outrage is more about missing out on my free corals than anything else, you spoiled, entitled brats. I've given out plenty of corals to many members here. Whether or not they want to speak up about it or say thanks or acknowledge it, is up to them. The only people I hear raising a huge stink on that thread that got deleted are the ones that didn't get a sniff from me. I know this for a fact because I know you complained to the president about whether or not I was actually giving away corals or making it up. You didn't believe I was giving away corals just because you didn't receive any. And make no mistake, you deserve nothing from me. Especially the ones that NEVER helped me or answered any of my posts of threads, ignored me the whole time, then ALL OF SUDDEN act like my best friends because you want my home wrecker frag??? And then when you hear that the frag is gone, you go back to ignoring me HAHA. You don't think I see right through you? I'm not going to name names but you know who you are. Anyway, It's a wonderful attempt at misdirection though, Bravo. Good try.

This club has become a joke as of late, a Mad Max free-for-all where the greedier you are, the more success you'll have. No wonder all the old timers left. I'm out of here. Ya'll can go back to being fake, phony, coral-lusting turds squabbling over frags.

With all due respect, Ya'll are a bunch of hypocrites. I bet you've watched Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Fifty Shades of Gray, or insert any other mainstream entertainment that is 100x worse than a picture of Khloe Kardashian or a herpes post (which is taken from The Hangover which I'm sure is a movie ALL of you have seen. Don't lie). Be real. I don't believe any of you are as prude as you make yourself out to be. Actually I know for a fact because someone told me you make jokes like these among your friends on your group chats. Hypocrites!

I went to school in Fremont where we had sex education class in 6th grade and they showed us graphic pictures of herpes and HIV, pustules and vesicles and all. If you want to keep your kids in a bubble, that's up to you. But I guarantee you, your kids are growing up faster than you think no matter how much you want to avoid or censor everything and everyone around them.

Be honest with yourself. Your fake outrage is more about missing out on my free corals than anything else, you spoiled, entitled brats. I've given out plenty of corals to many members here. Whether or not they want to speak up about it or say thanks or acknowledge it, is up to them. The only people I hear raising a huge stink on that thread that got deleted are the ones that didn't get a sniff from me. I know this for a fact because I know you complained to the president about whether or not I was actually giving away corals or making it up. You didn't believe I was giving away corals just because you didn't receive any. And make no mistake, you deserve nothing from me. Especially the ones that NEVER helped me or answered any of my posts of threads, ignored me the whole time, then ALL OF SUDDEN act like my best friends because you want my home wrecker frag??? And then when you hear that the frag is gone, you go back to ignoring me HAHA. You don't think I see right through you? I'm not going to name names but you know who you are. Anyway, It's a wonderful attempt at misdirection though, Bravo. Good try.

This club has become a joke as of late, a Mad Max free-for-all where the greedier you are, the more success you'll have. No wonder all the old timers left. I'm out of here. Ya'll can go back to being fake, phony, coral-lusting turds squabbling over frags.
Im sure this was exactly what bob was hoping for when he started this thread. Please either delete you post and act like a normal nice person or do go away. Up to you. Very simple. Nobody is attacking you, and nobody else is posting anything out of line. Thanks for your cooperation.

Sure, I’ve seen the hangover, and a lot of the memes are funny, but at the same time, I also feel like some of the threads get a little too “boys club” and sexist and it is not welcoming as a female on the forum. There’s a fine line between funny and uncomfortable.

I really couldn’t care less that we didn’t get a Acro from you. I do appreciate that you shared so many great frags with supporting members, but you are the one overreacting and both giving and taking offense too easily. Phuong and his wife have said you are nice, and a lot of fun in person. I wish we had actually met at the playdate a week ago, because I feel like it is much easier to misunderstand each other and sound like assholes online than face to face.

imo there are very few little kids on here that we would want to avoid looking at that lol.

on the other issue, I think that you guys could have handled it a little bit differently. By reading that thread, it looked basically like one person started it then all of a sudden @DEATH BY SNU SNU was being attacked by all angles by several different people on a thread where HE WAS GIVING OUT FREE FRAGS. I feel like the moderators could have stepped in and simply removed all posts relating to the argument before it got this out of hand, and instead of having several members of the club all of a sudden target someone, they should have PMd a mod and that mod should have just removed the post and maybe sent a message to the offender. I personally dont mind it, but if you really are that offended about it I mean by all means PM a mod but dont start futher conflict in the thread by bashing that user with several other people. Personally I have met @DEATH BY SNU SNU and he is a great guy with amazing tanks and corals, and have traded with him multiple times. I think that yall were kind of getting too worked up over this and handled it in the wrong way to the point where it escalated.

imo there are very few little kids on here that we would want to avoid looking at that lol.

on the other issue, I think that you guys could have handled it a little bit differently. By reading that thread, it looked basically like one person started it then all of a sudden @DEATH BY SNU SNU was being attacked by all angles by several different people on a thread where HE WAS GIVING OUT FREE FRAGS. I feel like the moderators could have stepped in and simply removed all posts relating to the argument before it got this out of hand, and instead of having several members of the club all of a sudden target someone, they should have PMd a mod and that mod should have just removed the post and maybe sent a message to the offender. I personally dont mind it, but if you really are that offended about it I mean by all means PM a mod but dont start futher conflict in the thread by bashing that user with several other people. Personally I have met @DEATH BY SNU SNU and he is a great guy with amazing tanks and corals, and have traded with him multiple times. I think that yall were kind of getting too worked up over this and handled it in the wrong way to the point where it escalated.
Thanks for your opinion. That however doesn't help at this point. We need to move on and not have any more outbursts of inappropriateness.

On another note, and considering I post a lot, if at any time I post something that offends anyone in anyway at all please don't hesitate just to PM me and bring it to my attention. I work fairly hard to retain something of a filter especially when it comes to anything smacking of misogyny. On the other hand, as noted, it is easy to fall into a bit of a pattern of a "boys" club. Point is -- don't hesitate to PM me. I won't upset even in the slightest. In fact, I want it brought to my attention. This is a fantastic and fun hobby and no one should feel excluded or put-off.

There is a great "report" button to click below each post.
Use it!
Then the powers that be can reach out privately and fix the issue.
No flame wars, no public embarrassment. Nice and simple.
Or perhaps even tell you to lighten up. Whatever is appropriate.

Remember that this site is fully public. Your Mom could be reading what you say....
:eek:

That said, I am not sure little-kid-friendly is the best target either. Perhaps "Safe For Work" is a good standard?

I'll say. It's usually a good idea to step away from the forums every once in awhile, take a deep breath, and then just move on. I didn't get a sense of anyone being called out in question, but I guess some people don't see it the same way.
Yeah I didn't get that sense either, but who knows. Just seemed like such an inflammatory response to make even if someone was being singled out.

There is a great "report" button to click below each post.
Use it!
Then the powers that be can reach out privately and fix the issue.
No flame wars, no public embarrassment. Nice and simple.
Or perhaps even tell you to lighten up. Whatever is appropriate.

Remember that this site is fully public. Your Mom could be reading what you say....
:eek:

That said, I am not sure little-kid-friendly is the best target either. Perhaps "Safe For Work" is a good standard?

I agree, maybe my terminology of “kid-friendly” is a bit of a misnomer. More along the lines of what Bruce said, it bothers me more when threads turn into too much of a “boys club” with jokes at the expense of women or wives.

I agree, maybe my terminology of “kid-friendly” is a bit of a misnomer. More along the lines of what Bruce said, it bothers me more when threads turn into too much of a “boys club” with jokes at the expense of women or wives.
Good point.
It is more about "poor taste / sexism" than concerns about age appropriate content.

Back