Jestersix

Baster for feeding?

I just go to the grocery, buy a couple raw prawns and freeze. To feed the anemones (and brittle stars/Mantis), I just cut a couple of small chunks and tweezer feed. They grab it quick.

I don’t think seafood goes bad 5 days in the fridge after being frozen. But anyways, to each his own. I’ve been doing it for a few months now and tank hasn’t crashed :p.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let me clarify, I don’t think I would eat sushi after 5 days in my fridge. But I think the fish will be ok.

Let me clarify, I don’t think I would eat sushi after 5 days in my fridge. But I think the fish will be ok.

They'd eat decaying whale corpse in the ocean if it was in front of their face don't they?

I know lrs deals directly with fishing boats and requests that they not use preservatives. Apparently there is one that is used almost all the time to keep the shrimp looking plump and fresh.

I get a bag of raw shrimp from Costco that I feed my eel with. He’ll usually eat 3-4 a week. They come frozen and I just thaw them out

It goes bad if not frozen. Not surprising actually. Leftover seafood kept in the fridge is something I wouldn't touch either.
Yea I think I have a 20-hour rule for refrigerated sushi, so I use a 24-hour rule for defrosted fish food. And I have to get it out before my husband discovers it...

Back