Jestersix

Blackworms

Yeah I bought them at aquatic foods with a keeper. 1/4 lb is a lot of worms. Trying to get my cbb to eat them is another story! But my other fish are digging them. I’m supposed to rinse them daily, but I get to it more like twice a week.

Could not find any locally. Closest is live tubifex worms at AC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not really sure. Both are freshwater worms and die a quick squiggly death in salt water. I’ve read that blackworms are more nutritious, but who knows.

Be careful where you get blackworms from if you care if they are true blackworms. Some stores selll ‘blackworms’ but are actually tubiflex. When pushed to be more definitive if what they are selling are blackworms or tubiflex, there will be a lot of hand wringing and blank stares.

If you don’t care then either works. Only place I know that sells blackworms is Aqua Lab Aquaria in San Jose.

Be careful where you get blackworms from if you care if they are true blackworms. Some stores selll ‘blackworms’ but are actually tubiflex. When pushed to be more definitive if what they are selling are blackworms or tubiflex, there will be a lot of hand wringing and blank stares.

If you don’t care then either works. Only place I know that sells blackworms is Aqua Lab Aquaria in San Jose.

But do I need to care? What is the difference?

Don't think there is much difference between the two. I think tubifex is smaller so good for smaller fishes too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Depends on how the tubiflex worms are grown n harvested.

Blackworms are inherently cleaner and more nutritious.

Yeah,
Tubifex worms are notorious for carrying diseases. Most are farmed in very dirty conditions. I would never feed tubifex to any of my fish.
I will probably order another batch of blackworms soon.

Yeah but the diseases won't transfer to marine environment. I can see if your are feeding fresh water fishes with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back