Our mission

AFS / Pellets question

WTF - I bought the feeding ring, wired up the AFS and when it drops the food now, it's sinking right away :eek:

Maybe the pellets got damp somehow? But they have been in the AFS which is supposed to be sealed

If you are leaving powerheads on vs off before that’s a big difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’ve seen the same thing. Pellets without a ring will seem to float for awhile and run down the overflow. The ring changes the surface tension somehow. Maybe lack of waves, or food particles floating? Who knows...it drops faster it seems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve seen the same thing. Pellets without a ring will seem to float for awhile and run down the overflow. The ring changes the surface tension somehow. Maybe lack of waves, or food particles floating? Who knows...it drops faster it seems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends on the pellets and pellet size. Small TDO floats in a ring for a long time. Medium floats for a short time and large even shorter. However on any size the fish learn to get there before there's too much floating down -- atyleast all my wrasses do. They spend most of the day socializing right under the ring anyway.

Back