Jestersix

Leemar Starphire 290

I am very serious. If you’re available that would be awesome. I’ll start the BBQ too... to make sure I feed you and the other gang that are coming. So far I have two other folks committed.

Let me know and I’ll pm you my address

By the way, I am thinking around 11:30-12pm. Would that work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup, that will work. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Finally broke out the camera, and the waterproof lense covers and took some top down shots of the coral. The Macro lense is the BOMB with the new lense cover. SO happy! I think you will be too. I haven't touched these photo's, other than to download them from the card. Unfortunately I am sure they will not download with nearly the resolution of the original, but hopefully they will still be good.

The Orphek light has made me a very happy man. Corals have responded very well, as you will see here. Enjoy!!

Rasberry lemonade

Space invader Pectina color morphing

Purple acan

Rasberry lemonade macro

Acan

Stag with teal / purple tips

Looking good as always Kris, very nice photos too. One of my biggest joys was taking top down photos from under the water's surface of corals. I didn't have a very good camera and I sure as heck am not a good photographer, but something about those pictures looked absolutely fantastic. It was what really wanted me to have a pond type setup to see all the corals from the top... unfortunately the whole surface area/evaporation/PG&E bill going through the roof thing always kept me away.

Looking great! That raspberry lemonade is looking spectacular. What's the story behind it and how you came to acquire it?

Yeah, it’s funny. This coral has almost been lost on multiple occasions.

I got a very small frag of it from either Jim (@gimmito) or Bob (@tankguy). I can’t remember exactly. It wasn’t colored up when I got it, but I placed it in a good spot for light and flow and it grew pretty good. It grew away from the glass though, toward one of the kessils, so it only looked good from the top down.

It was almost lost when I found out I had flat worms. Pulled it out and dipped it and it managed to survive.

I lost it again when I had a big tank crash about 3 years ago. It was just a skeleton, and I broke it off the rock and didn’t think about it for several months. Then I noticed a very tiny little stick had grown out of the rock, in the same place it used to be. It was surrounded by other coral, but I just let it grow anyway. It looked pretty good for a bit and got several inches tall and wide, but it was already being impeded upon by several coral. So, it just turned brown. It still grew, and survived, but it was just plain brown.

When I ripped everything out for the recent tank re-do, I decided to leave it there and see what happens. As you can see, it’s doing better than ever. ;)

It’s a very delicate coral. Breaks very easily and you have to get really close to see the amazing and subtle colors. Doesn’t look like too much from the side, but quite stunning from the top down.

I will make a bunch of frags and throw them in the frag tank. happy to DBTC this, as it was a gift to begin with. I have given it to several people over the years, but it never looked like this. Not sure if anyone still has it.
7994d1a866a938bcb56f6a0c00d0275e.jpg

You might have gotten it from me when I tore down my 120 in my Millbrae days. Bad lighting and many browned out corals. I do remember throwing a few corals your way.

You might have gotten it from me when I tore down my 120 in my Millbrae days. Bad lighting and many browned out corals. I do remember throwing a few corals your way.

Yeah, that is very probable Bob. That’s why we give away frags. So it may someday come back to ya! ;)

Back