Jestersix

Tiger Cowrie ate my GSPs

About 2 weeks ago I purchased a big and beautiful Tiger Cowrie and I thought it was reef safe. Until very recently he has been eating a lot of my tank algae but just from a couple of days ago, my 3 GSPs were close and then 2 of them just totally disappeared. Tonight I have catch the tiger cowrie on top of my last GSP and he was totally eating it.

It is a pity because it really beautiful and my kids really liked it (in fact my kids choose it at the store) but I'll have to return it.

https://imgur.com/a/q0Yfw

That’s a bummer. I have an Arabian cowrie that I really liked who started chowing down on my zoas. He lives in my refugium now.

[emoji50] what a bummer! I was doing research on a robust algae eater and was going to pick up a chestnut cowrie until I read this post... wouldn’t want it munching on my zoas (GSP is negligible [emoji23])

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[emoji50] what a bummer! I was doing research on a robust algae eater and was going to pick up a chestnut cowrie until I read this post... wouldn’t want it munching on my zoas (GSP is negligible [emoji23])

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are pretty clearly listed as not reef safe with soft corals on most sites.

Back