Jestersix

Hi everyone! Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. Just became a member+ supporting member as of today.

I have almost had my 200 gallon up and running for a month now. Have been in freshwater for 15+ years but it is nothing compared to saltwater. Had a saltwater tank 10 years ago but took it down due to time commitment and stupidity... that story will reveal itself the more I become comfortable sharing embarrassing stories :).

My love for fish and wildlife started at a very young age and it rubbed off onto almost all my friends. I somehow convinced a good friend of mine to start reefing 3 years ago and I have wanted to join him ever since but did not have the right opportunity until recently... when I did a “yolo” moment and got the Red Sea Reefer 750xxl deluxe.

Now Im swamped with reading up on what fish are reef safe, what corals do best under certain conditions, what and how much something costs, and most importantly, finding individuals who share the same interests and passion for reefing like I have had for so long.

I hope that gives everyone an idea of who I am. I will be probably asking a lot of questions and buying things to fill up my tank so any personal experiences with dos-and-donts are welcome.

See you guys around!
Nelson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the club and welcome back to an expensive and addicting hobby! I guess you took the “go big or go home” approach with a 200g! Looking forward to pics of your tank!

My iphone camera lost its ability to focus so I have not been able to take the best pictures but my avatar is a shot of my tank as of 4/8/18 :).

Back