Our mission

Neptune Systems (Apex) Will Attend the Members Swap and Ask....

Bruce Spiegelman

Sponsorship, Public Relations
BOD
.... for BAR members to sign up for a testing program. Paul with be there with a sign up sheet. They're hoping to get a number of us signed up, both experienced users and new users, to do an on-site monitor test of how long it takes us (individually) to set up a new Apex system and to see what roadblocks and issues we run into.

Obviously, completely voluntary and location and date to be announced, but he's looking to see how many of us would be interested. We will give him a table at the event so he can talk to anyone interested. When I spoke to him a lot of the details weren't worked out, but he mentioned it may be paid or they may offer us discounted equipment at some point in exchange for our time.

Based on other "system testing" I've done with tech companies I believe they have to compensate "volunteers" at some minimal level. I think I've gotten $100-$200 in the past on this type of thing and access to wholesale equipment. That's just a guess on my part and perhaps it will only be a deal on equipment.

In any event, it's awesome they came to BAR and asked us for help. It's always nice to cement a good relationship with good companies in the area.

As a bonus they are completely donating a ATK for a raffle at this event.

Can we apply that discount towards a different piece of equipment? Say, something like the trident when it comes to market? Or one of their COR-20 pumps?

Can we apply that discount towards a different piece of equipment? Say, something like the trident when it comes to market? Or one of their COR-20 pumps?

No clue. When I spoke to him nothing was finalized. He tossed out some possibilities and indicated they were finalizing the program.

Well if they just give you money for it, then I'd say yes you can apply that towards whatever you want :)

From Neptune with a few more details:

"Neptune Systems will be at the show to help any answer any questions you might have about your Neptune Systems products.
There will be also a sign up available to help Neptune Systems with gaining insight into the setup experience for our customers. We will ask a group of participants to come to Neptune Systems to be video taped setting up different Neptune Systems products at our facility in Morgan Hill, CA. We will be doing question and answer at the end of the session to gain further insight. We are asking for an entire range of experience levels. This is really an opportunity for club members to get involved directly with Neptune Systems. We very likely will have some freebies, discount coupons, and possibly access to scratch and dent material during their visit to Neptune Systems."

Hmm. Wonder if there is a time limit - ha. I would want to do the How to Add More Tanks to Your System. and probe calibration. And how to know which alert is going off when I receive them. How to use modules I have but have not hooked up. And how to make myself read the comprehensive manual I printed and still haven't read. Oh geez this reminds me I am overdue on firmware update. Sigh.

An apex workshop one day would be great. Doesn’t have to be organized by Neptune. Similar to the event at Chromis, maybe a meeting where people experienced at setting up apex and programming can help those who are less experienced.

I have yet to do any of the programming beyond the preset stuff. People can get all their programming done with help (just do it on apex fusion).

I could have this at my house in a few months. Just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

An apex workshop one day would be great. Doesn’t have to be organized by Neptune. Similar to the event at Chromis, maybe a meeting where people experienced at setting up apex and programming can help those who are less experienced.

I have yet to do any of the programming beyond the preset stuff. People can get all their programming done with help (just do it on apex fusion).

I could have this at my house in a few months. Just a thought.

That sounds like another day at work for a couple members that I won’t name.

I would be interested in signing up for the testing program.

If I recall correctly, they were going to post a sign up list here?

Back