Neptune Aquatics

Video of my lps dominant tank

Made a video of my lps tank. Scene starts changing around the 2:20 mark. First time editing a video with music.

No tang police please. I will be upgrading my tank soon.

Also I welcome any suggestions on coral placement for the chalice and favias currently on sand bed

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Canon 5d mark III with 17-40mm f4L and 100mm 2.8 macro on tripod

When I use my camera. The photo mode comes out clear. But the record video mode goes a lot darker. Did you experience this?

Thanks. I normally have iso real low. I’ll test that out.

What might be happening is your camera is just metering the light on its own. If it's on auto, it tries to adjust itself. You can see if you can use manual mode, that allows you to set the exposure to whatever you like. Not sure how your camera works, but for mine I just set aperture and ISO for videos.

Actually I think in video mode the iso is automatic. Let me test and get back to you

@jorahx4 has a Sony a6000 (iirc) so it’s a crop sensor compared with your full frame mark iii. Like @ashburn2k said, it’s underexposing the image to try and maintain the frame rate which is likely 60 fps. When you go to compose a still shot make sure that the shutter speed is at least 1/60 of a second and use the aperture and iso to adjust it so that it looks properly exposed. You should be able to use those same settings when you go to video. It may just be that there’s not enough light in the scene and you may have to increase the intensity of your lights.

Back