High Tide Aquatics

Nemageddon -- ugh....or PSA: when in doubt pull it out

I can make on for the WAV pumps, I just don't have one to do any testing with.

I would let you borrow mine for tests but then I dont have current in my tank. How long do you need to use it? Can it be done at my house? South San Jose, Los Gatos border side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also possible to make a guard for the ecotech vectra l1 return pump? Worried something might get in there one day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure those guards will really do much for protection. While it won't create a sealed suction it absolutely will still pull water fast through the relatively small openings which will cause things to suck to them.

Not sure those guards will really do much for protection. While it won't create a sealed suction it absolutely will still pull water fast through the relatively small openings which will cause things to suck to them.

They seem to work great for Nems. I use them in the Nem propagation tank.

Hmm, anyone know if that guard will work with the Neptune COR-20 as well? I had a peppermint shrimp show up in the display from the sump. How he ended up in the display without getting chopped up is a mystery, but he was in the DT stuck to the corner as the flow was pummeling him from the gyre.

Ultimately, I'd prefer something that just covered the inlet and not stick out like that strainer in the link.

Yes the Vectra guards, which really are nothing new an have existed in the hobby longer than Ecotech has made pumps :D

In the past what I've basically done is made a "taco" around the pump with that plastic gutter guard stuff, and closed it up with zip ties, then cut some holes around the bottom so the pump lays flat.

I want to make a vectra screen the is a semi sphere that screws onto it. Something with a large screen area so if it gets partially blocked, it won't affect flow at all. The screen will probably be about the same diameter as the pump, or close to it.

I just need to convince the wife that it is a worthy investment. Lol

Back