c283bed1cb016274f1662448140c189a.jpg

f4bbb60a57bd08f38f6e57914270094d.jpg

2a82bba85e53ccba43760be5db9875df.jpg

67442cb77e4f864aa63200eeff41efdb.jpg

4280ae2ece89164358220b3c3afa2f15.jpg

68552130a6bbd2e81b3b81d6c3d0c20c.jpg

96a60e2a9da9443a0f3e48d8a438a59d.jpg

Last edited:
The real question is what could you not be interested in. Everything red sea has come with great customer service and great quality. Only downside I can really think of right now is the price you will be paying for all that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree the price will be higher than other companies i guess we will have to see so far from what i found out the doser is going to be $300 thats more than a regular doser but it will be app controlable so that makes it cheaper than DOS (neptune) this has 4 DOS only 2 so i guess its priced ok compared to the market but a little expensive for allot of us

I agree the price will be higher than other companies i guess we will have to see so far from what i found out the doser is going to be $300 thats more than a regular doser but it will be app controlable so that makes it cheaper than DOS (neptune) this has 4 DOS only 2 so i guess its priced ok compared to the market but a little expensive for allot of us
That's about what the coral box doser is right? I have one and it's app only controlled with 4 heads.

Hmmm don't have any info on any of that stuff, but I'm not a "brand" type of guy so the fact it's made by (or rebranded/licensed) to Red Sea makes little difference, I mean how good is the pump going to be over the actual MaxSpec Gyre pump that the technology is licensed after down to the controller? Don't get me wrong the red and black does look sleek but when it's under the cabinet of your tank is it really that much of an issue? LED looks "Kessilish" in that it's a single chip die? either way, I'll wait until it comes out and see how pricing/quality/someone-else-can-guinea-pig :D

I thought the Maxspect was also wireless, at least the newer versions. Ok a little checking it requires the ICV6 to do the wireless stuff.

However the actual build/function does matter too, IIRC the IceCap version of the Gyre is not as good as the Maxspect version.

I wish I had that sump for my 250. It looks like they redesigned the current one to be MUCH better than the previous version. I miss my Refugium.

I thought the Maxspect was also wireless, at least the newer versions. Ok a little checking it requires the ICV6 to do the wireless stuff.

However the actual build/function does matter too, IIRC the IceCap version of the Gyre is not as good as the Maxspect version.

I use the icecap version and feel its better its much quieter for one

Lol allot more sucked with my order but thats on another thread

They officially are not releasing until the summer
How much does it really improve the older one? I’m not familiar with it but the pictures of the new one I thought looked small. The ato and the fuge both say they’ve been increased but the look tiny.

How much does it really improve the older one? I’m not familiar with it but the pictures of the new one I thought looked small. The ato and the fuge both say they’ve been increased but the look tiny.

It has a refugium section, a filter cup instead of sock, and adjustable height for skimmer chamber. The refugium is the biggest imporovement.

Last edited:
It has a refugium section, a filter cup instead of sock, and adjustable height for skimmer chamber. The refugium is the biggest imporovement.
I don’t know if the cup comes with it i think its sold separately
The refugium section seems like its the skimmer section as well
The adjustable hight is really in my opinion the only nice part of the new sump (even though my skimmer works perfectly with the hight they provide on the stock sumps)

38fab867e262157b72acce5093d2089d.jpg

Back