Neptune Aquatics

Finally did it; My intro

I'm a life long fish keeping hobbyist. And I was even dumb enough to pursue aquaculture as a career. My brother and I had saltwater tanks of various forms since the the 90's; think undergravel filters, condy anemones, bioballs, t12 bulbs, panther groupers all in a 110g show tank! And I can't think of any extended period of time in which I didn't have a freshwater tank; think tanks with slate bottoms and snakeheads!

Reefing background:

My last mixed reef (120g: mostly SPS) went online from 2007, was moved in 2011 and was converted to a freshwater display in 2013. Two kids and two full time jobs got in the way of maintenance; hence its decline and eventual conversion. Few years ago when I live in the Central Valley, I joined NVR for a short while and met a lot a nice people with equally nice tanks. I've always meant to join BAR never made it happen until now.

At present:

I've got two 120g freshwater planted display tanks......mostly low maintenance plants and mostly all rainbowfish.

I live in the Dublin area. And I still am mourning the loss of AConcepts.

I'm set to receive a new 23" eurobraced cube that is destine to be a minimalist SPS tank.

More specific build questions to follow in a new thread.

PS......how does one go about posting pictures

There should be a new LFS near you opening up soon so expecting your new tank up and running earlier :)

IMG_5204.JPG

Home tank

Nice tank. I like the low height of the stand. I'd recommend putting a neoprene leveling mat under the tank. You can buy them off Amazon for cheap or just buy the ones made by Innovative Marine. Collections sell them.

Your FW tanks are beautiful and interesting. Looking forward to watching your cube come to life. I have to say I was eyeing the end table next to my couch after seeing your placement. It is near electrical outlet and a window for porch water changes...

Thanks everyone
Will definitely get a tank journal going soon.
BTW i drove over to sjreef to get a sense of the scene. Seems to be a set up and maintenance service at present. I was hoping to support a fledgling LFS as I purposefully supported AQconcept when it was open rather than etailers. Sad to say but i made my first sight unseen livestock purchase this spring as the result of the lack of local opportunity

Back