Our mission

Confirmed - Monterey Bay Aquarium Tour - Sat June 16th 1:30pm for tour - pics added

Real Name / BAR handle/Location if you are open for carpooling - How many for Tour

13. Liz and Robert / chromis / no (2 adults + 2 kids) **** has bribe for Arnold - free entrance pass? Liz will it be 1 for tour?
Yes two guest passes for you and someone else. If we can’t all go on the tour we’re ok to visit the regular exhibits and meet you guys for lunch.

• Thanks Liz, I will let you know.
  • Jorarahx4 - I think Liz was talking to me, but she can confirm.
  • Everyone - I have a hard limit headcount for the 60min tour to 15 people from Matt. As we get closer to the date I will finalize who can come on the tour part. But you are all welcome to come down and hang out at the aquarium.
  • FYI - Matt is looking for coral donations of Softies and LPS. Please let me know here if you would like to donate any frags to the aquarium.

• Everyone - I have a hard limit headcount for the 60min tour to 15 people from Matt. As we get closer to the date I will finalize who can come on the tour part. But you are all welcome to come down and hang out at the aquarium.
  • FYI - Matt is looking for coral donations of Softies and LPS. Please let me know here if you would like to donate any frags to the aquarium.

I pmed you to confirm. If I donate xx amount, can my gf come as an exception to the 15 limit rule? Also any specific softies or LPS hes looking for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can just list the coral and I can ask him. Sorry no on the XX amount. The limit is set by them not me. Hopefully you will get in too as you are on the bottom of the list. We will see on drops as we are still 4 weeks out. Only got a few confirmations so Far.

Donations for the aquarium tanks or his personal? I don’t mind donating. Just was curious if we’d be able to see our coral on display haha.

Real Name / BAR handle/Location if you are open for carpooling - How many for Tour
1. Arnold Pon / Apon / Maybe from SF (Not sure yet) - 1 for tour Confirmed
2. Randy Chan / RandyC / No / (1 for tour Confirmed)
3. Jon Mosbacher / jonmos75 / No / (1, possibly 2 for tour)
4. John / JVU / open to carpool but don’t need to (from Walnut Creek) (1, Confirmed)
5. Matt Yeow/Mozby/Union City (1, Confirmed)
6. Mike/SFSUphysics/No/(2 adults + toddler)
7. Asia & Matt / Ashalye & Coral4me / No / (2 adults + 1 kid Confirmed)
8. Mark Bissell & Peter Bissell / Daddio & Peter B./ Redwood City
9. Bruce Spiegelman/Bruce Spiegelman/No. 2
10. Henry Luu / henergizer / No / 2
11. Dennio / dpc goes west / no / 2 adults
12. Eric Do / Ibn / Campbell, open to carpool / Confirmed
13. Liz and Robert / chromis / no (2 adults + 2 kids) **** has bribe for Arnold - free entrance pass? Liz will it be 1 for tour?
14. Nelson Chuang/NelsonCh/ no / 2
15. kevin / jorahx / no / 1

You can just list the coral and I can ask him. Sorry no on the XX amount. The limit is set by them not me. Hopefully you will get in too as you are on the bottom of the list. We will see on drops as we are still 4 weeks out. Only got a few confirmations so Far.

All good. If someone needs a spot, I dont mind sitting out. Oh I dont have much as my tank is new. Was just going to see if I can buy what he was looking for.

Corals are for display tanks. We donated at Steinhart before as well and some corals made it to displays as well. They grow them out first and QT.

• Everyone - I have a hard limit headcount for the 60min tour to 15 people from Matt.

Surely the hard limit excludes the kids that are coming? It makes sense for couples to bring their little ones to be able to attend, but does Matt Wandell insist they count towards the limit? Might be good to double check this?

Last edited:
Surely the hard limit excludes the kids that are coming? It makes sense for couples to bring their little ones to be able to attend, but does Matt Wandell insist they count towards the limit? Might be good to double check this?

15 is the policy number by aquarium for safety. My guess is that some of the areas are small. Remember we are not paying extra for this private tour and its though my efforts not the club. They do sell behind the scene tour as well, and I guess if folks want they can try to do another tour as well.

15 is the policy number by aquarium for safety. My guess is that some of the areas are small. Remember we are not paying extra for this private tour and its though my efforts not the club. They do sell behind the scene tour as well, and I guess if folks want they can try to do another tour as well.
Just checking in case there is wiggle room for infants and toddlers to avoid headcount. Thanks for clarifying.

Last edited:
Thanks for organizing. Obviously it would be easier for you to just go yourself and meet up with your friend without dealing with all of us. But I and others appreciate it.

Let’s all make it painless and fun for Apon and Matt to organize, and maybe it won’t be a 1-time event. :)

Was just seeking clarification on behalf of others who are on the fringes of the limit. I do appreciate Apon for doing this for us. Hope my question didn't make it painful.... :(

Last edited:
No issues. I even asked if he could do 2 tours the same day. We did that before at steinhart since I had like 30 folks signed up. He was too busy he said. I expect some folks to drop as the dates get closer and I have not got confirmations for head count yet from everyone. Hopefully it will workout.

Liz, Matt is saving me a guest pass - so you can offer your guest passes to anyone you want.

Just wondering. What type of tour is it? Like a behind the scenes view of the aquariums reef equipment. Like something reef people would be interested in. Or like a tour of the colorful animals? Just trying to understand more about it.

Are their paid tours for this or is it something he is doing that mainly hobbyists are interested in. I want to do the $25 tour at steinhart but my family wasn't interested

I am not sure what the paid tours covers. Matt did ask if there were some things we wanted to see since its a personal tour. Let me know if there are things people want to see and I can ask about it.

Last edited:
Back