Our mission

Starfish Outbreak

Quiz for BAR members...when I scrape them off the glass and they lay in the sand bed, are they still alive? Should I remove them or save them for the crab?
This is really where the harlequin shrimp are useful. Not because they eat all the starfish but because they scare them all onto the glass where you can grab them and toss them.
Are you trying to eradicate the starfish population, or enjoy the harlequin shrimp(not a crab) for the long term? If trying to eradicate, yank out the starfish. If you want to enjoy the harlequin, leave them in

Are you trying to eradicate the starfish population, or enjoy the harlequin shrimp(not a crab) for the long term? If trying to eradicate, yank out the starfish. If you want to enjoy the harlequin, leave them in
I guess that's the true question.

Mine was always hiding in the rocks unless he was hunting and he mostly hunted at night. I didn't get to enjoy mine until he was in a fish trap waiting to be picked up buy the next person to use him.

Harleys will eat them but have in mind the size of them, they are small creatures so you won’t see the stars disappear overnight.

So after several days and no sightings, my starfish outbreak seems to be under control. While my harley is a non-social eater, it seems to be doing the trick. when should I add the chocolate chip starfish (first leg)?

Thanks!

Back