got ethical husbandry?

Suggested ATO

I have a Neptune ATK and Tunze osmolator 3155. I'd use either again, but I do find the tunze pump a little quieter than the ATK.

Oh, and the ATK sensors and float take up a bit of room. Need to account for that if you have a small sump.

Either the Tunze 3155 or the Neptune ATK. Running the 3155 since it's what I've used for a number of years now and still as reliable. I'll check out the ATK if an when this 3155 eventually dies.

My vote is for the auto aqua ATO micro. The design is simpler than the regular version, the pump is the same and there's no to very few false alarms.

I have the hydrofill, the regular and micro auto aqua, a float switch ATO, etc. I find the smart ato micro to work best out of them all...unless you have a long distance to travel between your tank and the resrvoir... in which case the hydrofill airlift pump is great but you will need to pair it with an ATO sensor that can handle a standard 3 prong plug vs a 12VDC pump

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Tunze osmolator is hands-down my choice. I have had the SAME osmolator since 2005, and it just got handed off to the new owner of my 90g tank. The optical sensor went bad on it, and Tunze graciously repaired it at a minimal cost. Absolutely insane for something that was over 10 years old at the time.

The Tunze osmolator worked well for me, you have to open it up with screws to set it to “nano” mode so that when it turns back on after a power off (like when doing water changes) it doesn’t pump too much water into your tank. When it powers back on, it does this to “season” something, regardless of the water level in the aquarium. Annoying in my opinion, but if you do less frequent water changes it might not bother you. I also have the Neptune ATO in storage bin haven’t used it, since I still haven’t bought a Neptune control system, but it would be nice if you had the whole Neptune ecosystem to stick with their ATO. The Neptune top off kit includes a large float valve which is less ideal if you have a small sump, but you have a 40g breeder with plenty of room.

If you want to break away from all this you’re welcome to take a look at our ATO setup, we decided we’re tired of carrying heavy containers of RO water through our house. We have an RO outside with waste going to the garden, with a pressure stop valve at the RO inlet, and it outputs to a float valve inside a small (2g) container in the tank stand. This empties by gravity to the sump float valve (the Red Sea way). We also have an emergency overfill drain from the RO container to the crawl space in case all that backfires.

Back