Kessil

[Grow-out Contest]: Greyhound Zoa

So I bought this colony from diablo corals ~ a couple of months ago, I’m pretty sure it is a no-name zoa so I named it Greyhound so it can have a common name. If someone knows the common name, we can change it. This coral might be a paly, when fragging it I noticed it had a small shell piece attached to the tissue, and some grains of sand. Has longer stalks, seems like 1 inch max, most are slightly shorter. Medium/large size polyp.

Rules:
This will be a free contest, any supporting member may join, I will be bringing the frags to the swap. You must post 1 picture a month for growth, with the last day of every month being the deadline. Everyone will get one “cheat month”. If you miss the posting deadline twice, you are disqualified. Whoever has the most polyps by December, or first to 20 polyps, will be the winner.

Only new polyps count towards total amount. X= 1 missed month, XX= disqualified

Fish boss: 0P
Ashburn2k: 0P
Cheedo: 0P
NelsonCh: 0P
Kremis: 0P

Colony pic prior to fragging, blues off
1048809E-0E0C-4C92-B8F5-7B036D001AC8.jpeg
088D6DB1-93C2-45D1-8B44-017DAF0D9A96.jpeg
moved them to a different container, so they were slightly closed up. The super light/bright one looked dead when I bought it, but it is still alive. I won’t be fragging that part. These have lost some of the green middle, so now they have more grey. It will be interesting to see how they color up in everyone else’s tank

Last edited:
You target feed phytoplankton?

To what!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tried it on my rainbow zoa and green frogspawn. They swelled up after and I got scared. But after a few hours they went back to normal and have grown a lot. I put too much in the tank recently and it got my tank all green haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here’s the greyhound that I picked up. Sorry it not fully open in the pic.

Attachments

• AF450F8F-7648-46B7-9E44-A9A43D5BA857.jpeg
    AF450F8F-7648-46B7-9E44-A9A43D5BA857.jpeg
    78.8 KB · Views: 545
Back