got ethical husbandry?

BAR Kessil Tour - Saturday June 9th

Are you attending?

• Total voters
Hmmm, the "view results" link is no longer working for me... In addition to @Eugene, if there is anyone who would like to be included who is not on @Wlachnit 's list, please post to this thread - my apologies and thanks!

I am going to have to back out of this tour. As much as I want to go, it is at the same day/time as SF Comic Con.

So I'll be down the road in Oakland instead.

Thank you for making this happen for the club! We need more events like this.

OK Everyone - This is happening tomorrow morning, and I hope everyone who's planning to come is excited! The address of the facility is in the header above and Kessil sent over some specific directions and a schedule:

Instructions upon arrival --
Please note our facility is located after driving past the sign for the Richmond Police Station.
They are right next door to our facility.
Turn right when you see the Dicon FiberOptic sign.
To enter into our facility please wait at the white metal gate.

Itinerary

10:30 - The Tour starts
Coffee and refreshments will be available in the lobby

12:00 - Lunch & Raffle event
This will be provided courtesy of Kessil

1:00 - Tour ends

@vhaung168, we're going to miss you - but that does open a spot for someone else - please post here if you're interested!

OK Everyone - This is happening tomorrow morning, and I hope everyone who's planning to come is excited! The address of the facility is in the header above and Kessil sent over some specific directions and a schedule:

Instructions upon arrival --
Please note our facility is located after driving past the sign for the Richmond Police Station.
They are right next door to our facility.
Turn right when you see the Dicon FiberOptic sign.
To enter into our facility please wait at the white metal gate.

Itinerary

10:30 - The Tour starts
Coffee and refreshments will be available in the lobby

12:00 - Lunch & Raffle event
This will be provided courtesy of Kessil

1:00 - Tour ends

@vhaung168, we're going to miss you - but that does open a spot for someone else - please post here if you're interested!
Excited for sure!! Bought my first kessil a360we and installed it this morning.. simply amazing.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Yes it was a great to see their facility and to hear David talk about so much. I view Kessel differently, for knowing how their engineering and production acutally works. And it’s right here in the Bay Area.
Many thanks!

Last edited:
I've always liked their lights, but now I have a much better appreciation of the technology and development that goes into them.
Thanks to the folks at Kessil for taking the time to host us and for the generous raffle, and thanks to those in the club who took the time to attend!

OH, WOW. The Kessil tour far exceeded my expectations. Fascinating process, unusual business model and evolution, and David and the others were awesome guides. It is a great example of all the careers/expertise needed to cover all aspects of their products. I would love to return and see their frag and plant labs someday. Huge thanks to @Wlachnit for arranging the tour!

I went to Neptune to checkout the light.
fd34361beb0ac9ed99d4d7465913b79f.jpg
4530054eea78e620283699e47ebf7499.jpg

They said it’s call the a360x. It’s the same diode as the ap700 wider and more yellow, red and green compared to a a360 that is just blue and white.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went to Neptune to checkout the light.
fd34361beb0ac9ed99d4d7465913b79f.jpg
4530054eea78e620283699e47ebf7499.jpg

They said it’s call the a360x. It’s the same diode as the ap700 wider and more yellow, red and green compared to a a360 that is just blue and white.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice!!!

Which light is that? I don't recognize it based on the shape/air holes.
That's the new one they are testing.. looks good...

I went to Diablo corals friday, and talking to to the guy there (forgot his name) he told me that these new ones may have wifi capabilities [emoji848][emoji848]

Ah ok, sweet. And yeah, being able to program lights without the need of any special equipment should be a standard now, I mean flash memory and a microusb cable isn't that expensive these days, wifi just makes it so you don't need to hang expensive electronic stuff over saltwater... wait... :|

Back