Reef nutrition

Monzer's tank restart

Never heard of it either. Was there some logic that went with the recommendation? I'd personally leave it where it is. Maybe up magnesium a little.
^ This. I'd leave it alone and wouldn't push it any higher. Work on getting your Mg up above 1300 instead.

Conducted a few water tests over the last few days:

Ph: 8.05
Ammonia: .05
Nitrite: .01
Nitrates: 40 way too high
Phosphates: 0
Magnesium: 1250
Alk: 8.8 need to get this up
Calcium: 430

Next up a water change, then adjust the levels if necessary, then aqua scape the tank. Probably another week before I add any fish/corals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh one other thing, I wouldn't bother with a water change now when you're in the middle of cycling since your nitrites and ammonia levels aren't that high, just going to waste water and salt. Let the cycle run until ammonia and nitrites are zero than do a big enough water change to get nitrates to 10 or below.

Nitrates at that level aren't gonna hurt anything with your cycle if there's no livestock in there.

Last edited:
8.8 is fine.

Higher alk levels do seem to promote faster growth but it needs to be balanced with nutrients and light.

Rich Ross recently mentioned in a video that he saw greater growth with higher temps as well.

8.8 is fine.

Higher alk levels do seem to promote faster growth but it needs to be balanced with nutrients and light.

Rich Ross recently mentioned in a video that he saw greater growth with higher temps as well.

Really? Did he say how high?

Some good news and not so good news. Ammonia is still not zero.
DKH is now 10!
Magnesium is 1300+
Salinity 35ppm

Aquascaping is done. I think.
e798b1a463d2536769ab56c8533b2c50.jpg

Now for the bad news... got laid off from work. Need to put things on hold until I find a new job. I am hoping it’s not going to be long... but you’ll never know.

Some good news and not so good news. Ammonia is still not zero.
DKH is now 10!
Magnesium is 1300+
Salinity 35ppm

Aquascaping is done. I think.
e798b1a463d2536769ab56c8533b2c50.jpg

Now for the bad news... got laid off from work. Need to put things on hold until I find a new job. I am hoping it’s not going to be long... but you’ll never know.

Oh man it sucks! Hope you find something better soon.

Tank is looking good!

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Primary sps and some lps. Such as Strawberry shortcake, slimmer, deep blue torts, and neon colors (can’t remember their names since I have been out of the hobby for some time), brain, scollies... etc.

Well,I dont have any of those, and I thought we had most everything:cool:

Back