Kessil

Bubble magus 5

Hey friends, I’m trying to figure out how to work my bubble magus curve 5. After watched a lot of videos I have put it on a rack to keep it at 8 inches of water. It seems to over flow instantly no matter how I adjust the flow.

According to everything I’ve learned. When set on max it will lower the bubbles. When set to minimum it will raise the bubbles level. So I have it currently set at max with 8 inches of water. It’s used so doesn’t require a break in period. And it still over flows with in 30 seconds. I completely took it apart last night to inspect if any broken or clogged parts and nope everything seems in perfect condition (seller kept it really clean)

So if anybody knows some trick or tips let me know:)

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The break in period is the same for new or used. It fort breaking in a new system for skimming not getting the parts going. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The break in period is the same for new or used. It fort breaking in a new system for skimming not getting the parts going. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ah I see. I assumed break in period was to get the equipment properly working.

Hey Jorahx,

When I got my protein skimmer new, it still had to be broken in. It took about a month for things to settle. From what I read there are oils in there that we can't really see or feel that's the reason for the break in period.
  • I also watched so many videos during this time, and was like "what the hell" my skimmer is broken, but time will fix it.
  • There is wet skimming and dry skimming, good thing to google and read it up on it.
  • For myself, I like to keep the bubbles where the neck is, this would give me the skimmate that I'm looking for (Dark Color but still liquid and not so dense).
d5d1b50739fa5ff853a18f76e680f05f.jpg

I strive for this as well, for the reason that the throat and lid become covered with dried foam if the skimmer is running too dry. The dried foam seems to dramatically reduce skimmate production until it is removed.

You have it sitting in 8” of water or is the water level inside the body 8” up the body?

Sitting in 8 inches of water.

Well actually I took it out. Got tired of trying to use it so it’s just sitting in the corner of the room on time out

Back