High Tide Aquatics

Tygunn’s Reborn DSA 90

This build thread is a bit backwards I guess; here’s the rebooted tank with all the critters and corals from my IM 30L and DSA 60 cube, plus a few new things picked up at Aquatic Collection today.
d74e55b6d5f03567703ed780fc419b7b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This build thread is a bit backwards I guess; here’s the rebooted tank with all the critters and corals from my IM 30L and DSA 60 cube, plus a few new things picked up at Aquatic Collection today.
d74e55b6d5f03567703ed780fc419b7b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Glad to see you're back at it!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

IMG_1805.JPG

Simplest plumbing job I've ever done! Though the return line is about to become a 3-way manifold for a chiller and various water conditioners.

IMG_1804.JPG

The heart of the sump. This is the first Reef Octopus I have owned and I must say I am impressed. Coral-Vue 150-INT. The sump is a Trigger Crystal 43 and the skimmer would not fit into the central compartment as shipped, so I remanufactured a plastic slip-barb 90 elbow. The skimmer has to run 1 setting higher, but I'm happy with the result.

IMG_1803.JPG

Finally decided to spring for a Kessil H-380 grow lamp. Wow does chaeto love this light. I started with two baseball-size clumps and the chaeto compartment is now half full of macroalgae.

IMG_1801.JPG

At the top is a Rainbow Anemone (thank you BAR Raffle) and at the bottom is a rescue from Aquatic Collection. It's a little bleached, but it crawled all the way down there from the top of the pillar, so I think it's going to be fine. For $25, I decided that it was worth trying to rehabilitate it.

Last edited:
IMG_1802.JPG

Clockwise from the top, the photobomber Lyretail Anthias, Two ORA Pink-Tipped Birdsnest colonies from @Chromis (originally from last year's swap!), Neon Toadstool from this year's swap, Hollywood Stunner from @Chromis, Two Pink BTA siblings from a split about two years ago, they've stayed cuddled up together all this time and a mysterious lobed, plating coral from the swap, no idea what it is. Tyree Mushroom from the swap.

Last edited:
View attachment 9743
Clockwise from the top, the photobomber Lyretail Anthias, Two ORA Pink-Tipped Birdsnest colonies from @Chromis (originally from last year's swap!), Neon Toadstool from this year's swap, Hollywood Stunner from @Chromis, Two Pink BTA siblings from a split about two years ago, they've stayed cuddled up together all this time and a mysterious lobed, plating coral from the swap, no idea what it is. Tyree Mushroom from the swap.
I guess that’s karma. The birdsnests made their way back to you!

If you want really super flexible then go with marine depot. They have two types, one Is much more flexible than the other. If you just need a little flexibility the the stuff from Ewing is great and very affordable.

The tubing came with the tank, but I did ask @tygunn about it and he did tell me that it's flexible PVC spa tubing.

It came with the tank when I got it too. Some kind of spa flex though.
You can warm it up with a heat gun or hair dryer to make it more flexible when installing. I've done this in the past.

Back