High Tide Aquatics

AutoAqua ATO

Mine is possessed. I've only had it six weeks. Almost every day it beeps and flashes red, indicating the controller lost contact with the electricity. Weekly it decides my water level is way too low and tries to empty the ATO tank. I keep the sump wall and sensors clean.

Anyone else experience this?

Yeah. You will create a siphon if the output end of the tube connected to the pump is lower than the height of the water in the top of tank when it starts pumping.

the reservoir is a 10 gallon fish tank right next to my sump. the skimmer compartment is where I set my level and the sensor, and then just ran the refill tube in to the sump. How would running the tubing all the way up to the DT stop this behavior?

Yeah. You will create a siphon if the output end of the tube connected to the pump is lower than the height of the water in the top of tank when it starts pumping.
This is your problem. Put a piece of pvc in the sump that is taller than the 10 gal. Put the tube into the top of the pvc higher than the 10 gal. Problem solved.

the reservoir is a 10 gallon fish tank right next to my sump. the skimmer compartment is where I set my level and the sensor, and then just ran the refill tube in to the sump. How would running the tubing all the way up to the DT stop this behavior?
You want to put the sensor in the return pump section.

Where did you get that from?
"Almost every day it beeps and flashes red, indicating the controller lost contact with the electricity."

interpret this on as a water contact sensor... which had me confused.

Most Auto Aqua are optical sensored... there is one model out there with a float. wasn't sure if there was a different version.

Do you have the regular autoaqua or the micro?

The micro is super easy and trouble free...my favorite ATO in fact. The regular false alarms a lot and finicky. Usually, it's fine but then water in reservoir or sump being off tends to trigger alarms.

I have the micro on all my tanks except one where I use the standard version. Lots of regret on that one... not more advanced.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The first one I had acted weird and would beep a lot. The second unit I had was fine. I’ve since replaced it with the micro version just because the regular one wouldn’t fit in my cabinet.

Back