Our mission

Julius' CDA 150 Build

I definitely want to help you but I cannot commit until the date gets closer. The way you explained it yesterday is spot on to the pictures I see you posting. Looks amazing!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys for responding!

Need 2+ more, and I will ask my buddies outside the hobby to get to 8 guys.

I think 8 folks ca make the job easier for each person. Dont want to strain any muscles.

If you had experience mounting tanks but cant lift now, still love to have u here to advise and watch for problems. Just let me know u cant lift.

Thanks a bunch!

Got your PM in regards to the suction cups. Feel free to use them and I pretty sure I'm available that weekend, so I can help as well. I've moved 180 gallon tanks with four people before without suction cups so with suction cups it should be easy.

4 guys is plenty or one more. To many guys is hard to maneuver around. Use furniture dollies to helps plenty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Agreed. Trust everyone here. If you dont have major obstacles, go with 4. Anything else is just a waste of that persons time and they will just be in the way. We just moved a heavy 200 with 3/4 glass. Your 150 is much lighter. My wife and i lifted 2 150s alone just last month.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Tank is euro braced, both top and bottom,said to weigh over 400 lbs. with 6 people, each will carry 70+ lbs walking over 150 feet before raise over stand. I feel 6 guys is min.

Trent from CDA told me he does not like rolling the tank over paver bricks for fear of causing damage. So I have not tried to look for a 4-wheel dolly.

I will have at least 3 suction cups, 2 loaner from lbn, and one 8” I bought used).

At 5’ length, tank should accommodate 6 guys easily. 2 more to squeeze in, or as backup, we should be able to take the longer route (120-150 feet in distance), going through double door with ease.

Last edited:
You will need furniture dollies, walking the tank might be risky.
A plywood piece where the tank can rest its weight makes for easy rolling.
euod an I lifted a 150 in place, not piece of cake but not super hard either.
I have suction cups too but in SF

xcaret, what streets are u at in SF? Want to see if club members or I have friends outside reefing can help bring your suction cups closer for me to pickup. I live in Fremont and work in Santa Clara.

Found a dolly at work today (photo attached). We can lift the tank with wooden pallet onto this dolly. The foam and pallet can help absorb impact from bumpy pavers. Then suction cups and hands to carry over ~40' distance between front door and stand.

I tried lifting one end of the pallet below the 150g tank. No movement at all! Have to say 4 guys moving a 210 gallon eurobraced CDA tank must not be that easy.

Attachments

• IMG_3233 (002).jpg
    IMG_3233 (002).jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 237
  • Photo.jpg
    Photo.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 292
Ashalye - thanks! I will let u know the date/time in next few days.

Any one going through Guerrero Street and Duboce Ave in San Fran within coming 7 days and can be in east bay or southbay before 8/16? xcaret has 2 suction cups in San Fran I like to try to get hold of.

I ready got 3 suction cups.

I don't think it weighs nearly as much as you think it does. You mentioned that the dimensions were 4'x2'x2', but I think it's actually 5'x2'x2'. 1/2" glass weighs 6.54 lbs. per square foot. Your tank has 38 sq' which would make it about 250 lbs.. Even with the euro bracing it would only add another 30 lbs.

^ this if it's a 150G. 5'x2'x2' would put it closer to 150G. 4'x2'x2' would put it in the 120G range instead. Nice catch John!

Back