Neptune Aquatics

First Tank!

Update Photo.
pjm4D6Q.png

Biggest thing I’m going to do now. Just leave the tank. Adjust nothing. Just feed. Clean. Trim cheato.

That sounds like a really solid plan! I have a 250watt metal halide fixture sitting around too if you need some extra punch in the meantime. You could probably get a new Phoenix 14K DE bulb and blast some life into them. I was keeping it as a backup or sell it, but feel free to use it in the meantime if you need something!

That sounds like a really solid plan! I have a 250watt metal halide fixture sitting around too if you need some extra punch in the meantime. You could probably get a new Phoenix 14K DE bulb and blast some life into them. I was keeping it as a backup or sell it, but feel free to use it in the meantime if you need something!

this new fixture is lots of light! i have been running it at 50% and 15inchs above the surface (i think it was 15 inchs). thank you anyways! but ill keep that in mind. one guy suggested i take one nem out and use a halide on it. since thats what the original owner had.

this new fixture is lots of light! i have been running it at 50% and 15inchs above the surface (i think it was 15 inchs). thank you anyways! but ill keep that in mind. one guy suggested i take one nem out and use a halide on it. since thats what the original owner had.

If you're getting good par with the current fixture, I think you should be fine. You'll need to acclimate them to whatever your permanent lighting setup will be anyway. Transferring them out from a halide will just require them to readjust.

But if you think you need it, let me know!

(by the way, the fixture is basically mint condition and looks really nice)

Tank Update 4/27/18

Salt- 1.025
Temp- 76
Nitrate- 0
Phos- 0.086
PH- 8.2
Alk- 7.6
Cal- 340
Mag- 1120

alk/cal/mag seem to be going down, due to the increase in coral. time to adjust dosing.

Tank Update 4/27/18

Salt- 1.025
Temp- 76
Nitrate- 0
Phos- 0.086
PH- 8.2
Alk- 7.6
Cal- 340
Mag- 1120

alk/cal/mag seem to be going down, due to the increase in coral. time to adjust dosing.

Your parameters are almost exactly the same as mine except my ph is 7.6-7.8, and my nitrates are 10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your parameters are almost exactly the same as mine except my ph is 7.6-7.8, and my nitrates are 10

I’m trying to bring my phosphate down using phosguard. And reduced feeding.

Also getting some ugly algae. Think gha. The emerald crab manages to clear up a bunch over the night. But not all haha.

How is your CSB? Are they recovered?

negative. both ended up doing the same. i moved both to two separate peoples tanks to see if they will recover. just encase they just didn't like mine. i still feel the reason they got sick was lack of light. my nanobox light was not as strong as advertised and was providing 50~ par for the anemones in the box. when i set the anemones free onto the rocks i started seeing more happiness. But, one has melted. only time will tell if the other half ends up recovering.

Rip. Shutting down the tank tonight.

Noticed a crack in the center back compartment last night. Goes from top to bottom. Seems to be held together by the black plastic. After talking to innovative marine they suggest draining the tank ASAP. And it is in a bad location to repair/replace.

So going to be moving over my live stock to the 90g until I decide if I want to get another small tank or not.

I’ll get a pic tonight of the crack.

Back