Cali Kid Corals

New dedicated (and mostly nem proof) BTA tank...

Damn Art you're just asking for trouble with two different anemones in that one tank :D

The never ending anemone debate....lol

My belief is anemones are like different types of fish. Some can be kept together...others, let the chemical warfare begin! Tank setup and water changes play a big part as well.

Damn Art you're just asking for trouble with two different anemones in that one tank :D
What nems are in there now?

I am a firm believer in mixing nems especially if same species. I did take my maximini out... not because of chem warfare but because it tries to devour BTAs that walk across it... tsk

At some point... :) Unfortunately, healthy happy nems don't split often... though some assistance might be in their future
I found that feeding them helps them split more. Obviously don't wanna overdue it, my normal amount is one whole cube of hikari mysis once per week when trying to get them to split. I don't thaw it, just stick it next to mouth for like 5-10 sec, maybe turn off some flow. They learn to pull it in pretty quickly.

@sfsuphysics @NanoCrazed

I have had two BTAs and a Magnifica in the tank for awhile now. Either it's because there's carbon running, or something else, but they seem unaffected by each other. The magnifica is small, at least for now, and hasn't grown since I got it. I don't feed them directly, so they probably won't grow quickly.

I've seen tanks (yes larger I guess) with a lot of different nems, but I don't know of any hard science as of yet to say one way or another about chem warfare. It's true, my magnifica booted my RBTA from its spot, but that was about it.

@Mr2KiEu -- went back to AC and pick up that nem after all... it's pretty stunning so glad i did it!

Screen Shot 2018-08-16 at 10.55.49 AM.png

One of my new adds to the tank... there's been thoughts that this nem is bleached but I am thinking otherwise. Bleached GBTA tend to be neon translucent but not vibrant... this one is super vibrant -- so much so than even my DSLR had a hard time getting focus. Lots of blurry shots before I got a good one. Check out the glow from reflections off the nem onto the surrounding marinepure balls!

I am gonna name this one "glowstick" (not to be confused with CC glowstick, which is really just a orange tipped GBTA that pales in comparison... :D )

Screen Shot 2018-08-27 at 11.41.53 PM.png

Rofl.. woke up this morning to find one of my nems attached itself atop one of the hermit crab's shell... both if them are very not thrilled.

...like going to bed. And waking up not where you thought you were.[emoji38]
83c9bde2832e2f784f67524f64022ae5.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

New nems arrived today! Ultimate Chicago Sunburst, Orange RBTA with yellow tips (sexy!!), and rare white tips w/ purple base! ...all in the same tank (lower right corner)!

Fore color reference, AZ sunset and BW directly to the left... Sherman at far left

Screen Shot 2018-08-30 at 7.50.45 PM.png

Back