got ethical husbandry?

CDA 87G

Thanks guys. Here are a couple of other frags.

Crystal Jade from the members swap.
2018_07_02_crystal_jade_growth_10weeks.jpg

RRC Pink Cadillac. 1 of the 2 pieces which survived the crash. Broke off the lower nub and never found it.
2018_07_02_rrc_pink_cadillac_10weeks.jpg

Lighting is still the Maxspect Recurve, using the SPS setting.

Last edited:
Are there any good photos of this piece with the polyps out yet? Always frustrates me when vendors only take photos with polyps tightly closed. Maybe you’ll get the first decent photos using your photography skills. From the Big R photos it looks like they might be bright blue?

Haven't seen this piece since Thursday, when I was last in the office. I'll see how it looks on Tuesday when I'm back in the office.

I don't remember any bright blue polyps on this sucker. The picture above is taken at 1:1 so it's the max the macro lens will go to. There's some polyps on it, but they're tiny and aren't blue. I'll see about sticking some extensions/Raynox on the end of it and see if I can pick up any of the tiny polyps.

Still need to get a pic of the JD with the Raynox, but here's how the other pieces are doing.

Here's the A. hyacinthus table from Neptune. It's a good grower and sucking up all my alk.
2018_09_12_neptune_hyacinthus.jpg

Copp's 24k mille
2018_09_12_copps_24k_mille.jpg

This CRC piece just keeps on encrusting with not much growing at the tips. Colors has improved over time.
2018_09_12_crc_sp01.jpg

Crystal Jade from the members swap is doing well, fully encrusted top of the plug.
2018_09_12_crystal_jade.jpg

Tangerine Dream from John (@Flagg37 )
2018_09_12_flaggs_charlie.jpg

JF Firecracker
2018_09_12_jf_firecracker.jpg

Palmer's blue mille. This sucker grown under LEDs maintains its bright blue coloration; deeper in blues than my Oregon tort.
2018_09_12_palmers_blue_milli.jpg

PC Rainbow also from the swap. Getting blasted with flow and light. It's grown considerably versus the tiny nub that it was.
2018_09_12_pc_rainbow.jpg

PM. Nearly 3 months in the tank and still has to encrust the face of the plug.
2018_09_12_pm.jpg

RR Canada Pink Cadillac. One of two pieces to survive the crash and made it into this tank. It's recovered well and starting to shoot up nubs.
2018_09_12_rrc_pink_cadillac.jpg

The other piece that survived the crash was this piece. One of the slowest sps that I've ever kept. Still haven't been able to bring the yellows out of this one, but it's still darn bright with its current colors.
2018_09_12_rvs_yellow.jpg

RR The Vinh
2018_09_12_rr_thevinh.jpg

Upscales A. microlados
2018_09_12_upscales_microlados.jpg

Standard setosa picked up from the swap, finally beginning to branch out.
2018_09_12_setosa.jpg

Frags picked up from MACNA.

SC Orange Passion
2018_09_12_sc_op.jpg

RR USA Orange Passion. Two little nubs that I picked up and placed on the same plug so that they can eventually grow into each other. One nub is 3/4" and the other is 1/2".
2018_09_12_rru_op.jpg

Some of the wild Aussies that I've picked up the last few weeks/months to see how they color up.

All green Tenuis at one point in time, but showed signs of potential when I first picked it up. Coloring up well so far.
2018_09_12_neptune_tenuis_bluesonly.jpg

An all blue piece that I picked up. It's lightened up with my low nutrients, but hopefully will regain its colors. It's brighter blue than the Oregon when first placed in the tank.
2018_09_12_crc_blue_tenuis.jpg

Stag of some sort with the unique bluish green base and yellowish polyps. Will see how it does where it's currently glued down and partially shaded.
2018_09_12_crc_sp03.jpg

Love pastels in sps. Accidentally frag the back branch there, but can't locate the piece knocked off.
2018_09_12_neptunesps03.jpg

This piece originally had orange polyps, but they've gone white over time. Purple base is still there and hopefully the orange polyps will come back over time.
2018_09_12_neptunesps09.jpg

This was one of the many frags that I was waiting for Robert to frag. Mother was an orange mille with yellow tips.
2018_09_12_neptunesps19.jpg

One of the yellows that Robert fragged. Like most yellows, it goes green over time, but have this one under high light and flow to see if the colors holds. Also has a nice blue body which is more prominent under lower light.
2018_09_12_neptunesps20.jpg

Back