Our mission

PSA 150g for $150 glass tank 72" long

Ummm... not worry about it? :)

I live in Mountain View where the temp is typically under 80 on the hot side... my yard is a few degrees under the actual temp. Occasionally on super hot days, it can hit 90+ for awhile.

So figured I would use fans on those days but only concern is cool temp. Nothing a few decent heaters won't solve.

Goal is to keep it as simple as possible.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Lucky you, because my backyard can get cold as 60’s and during the day, it will go up to 80’s too much of a swing and heater is going to be a major cost factor.

Otherwise I would run a 300g tub in the back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My current tanks in my office are kept with windows and sliding doors wide open... the coolers rarely turn on, and the heaters manage to keep things at 74F in the worst case of the coldest days... so figure that would be a good litmus for the new tank.

Already starting to noodle on what might got in there.

The tank has a few superficial chips on off the edges but looks water tight over all. Trying to debate if I want to reseal it or just roll with it.

Is the chip inside? If not I wouldn’t be too worried about it, also if it gets direct sunlight, that might wear out the silicone if it gets baked?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The chip is on edge on the outside.

There's a bit of wear of the silicone on the inside but looks ok though. I didn't get a close look since it took me some time to get the rental truck and ran out of time to closely inspect.

Will do it before actually working on the tank... hoping to do it after my trip next week... (perhaps a bit of wishful thinking on my part). But starting the planning in my head

The nook is on the northeast corner of my house so gets light under about 2P before the moves to the south, causing a shadow from the wall to fall on where the tank is... so hoping the tank will get enough drect good light but not so much as to over roast things. Plus the shade will make for more stable tank temp

I figure if not enough light, I would figure a way to use solar tubes to direct a bit more in the afternoon

Back