Jestersix

I need your help!!

I need your help. Last week I added a small Sailfin tang and a Wrasse to my established tank with 2 Clowns, 2 Firefish, a Mandarin, a fire shrimp and a cleaner shrimp. The Sailfin has not been seen in 2 days and the Wrasse turned up dead this morning. I checked my water parameters and they are good. I’m going crazy. The Cleaner shrimp is very active could it be possible that it in some way stressed the wrasse?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to know that you have casualties in your tank.
I’m sure other will chime in; I can recomend you to look for the sailfin and (knock on wood) if the fish is dead, remove it as it may cause a spike in your system, specialty if it’s a small volume tank.

Meed more info. Where did you buy the fish? Did you inspect or QT? Were they eating in the tank? Acclimation? Etc.
They were purchased from Neptune Aquatics and were drop acclimated. Both fish had been eating great and seemed to be doing well in the tank. They were not quarantined as I do not have a QT tank set up yet. I am just at a loss.

Sorry to know that you have casualties in your tank.
I’m sure other will chime in; I can recomend you to look for the sailfin and (knock on wood) if the fish is dead, remove it as it may cause a spike in your system, specialty if it’s a small volume tank.
Thank you, I am hoping he is just hiding in the rock work and will come out soon but, but it is water change day so I might move some rock around to look for him if he’s not out by then.

They were purchased from Neptune Aquatics and were drop acclimated. Both fish had been eating great and seemed to be doing well in the tank. They were not quarantined as I do not have a QT tank set up yet. I am just at a loss.

I have a small tank that can be used as a QT; I’ll make you a deal you can’t refuse.

Ok so I still cannot find the Sailfin Tang. I moved the rock, searched the crevices and NOTHING!! I keep checking my water parameters and there has been no spikes at all. I know it didn’t jump out I just don’t know what happened.

Could a cleaner shrimp pester the Sailfin enough to stress it to death?

Could my CUC of a cleaner shrimp, fire shrimp, 10 hermits and 10 snails dispose of it so quickly??

Thanks for all your help.

No, your cuc could not eat it so quickly but if you have bristleworms in the tank they could eat it very quickly, usually wont kill it but they can consume the carcass, skeleton should still be in there though, might want to check for a dried up piece of fish jerky on the floor though

No, your cuc could not eat it so quickly but if you have bristleworms in the tank they could eat it very quickly, usually wont kill it but they can consume the carcass, skeleton should still be in there though, might want to check for a dried up piece of fish jerky on the floor though

The tank is covered but I did look on the floor around and behind the tank. Nothing [emoji20][emoji20][emoji20]

Sad. Sympathies. :(

You may never find it. The key now is to focus on the living.

Most important is to watch your other fish carefully for signs of disease.
Scratching, breathing at surface, weird swimming, small white spots....
And check ammonia daily.

Back