Kessil

Stressed out yellow watchman goby

I guess I have an anti-goby tank because I believe goby #2 is about to bite the dust. :(

Over the past few days his color has been getting worse in spots. And each day the spots get bigger and bigger. It looks like the scales on his body are being rubbed off. Now an open sore has appeared on his body.

Since he has been in the tank, he has often attacked his reflection in the glass. He constantly will swim up and down the tank against the glass and he doesnt really like to go anywhere else. I never seen him once in the back of the tank and he rarely hides under the rock in the front. He just likes to swim against the glass. He eats daily food too as if nothing is wrong.

I have not seen any bullying from other fish, my firefish and sixline. They leave him alone. If you look at his fins, they are healthy and not bitten off.

Any ideas why he is doing this, I honestly think he is stressing himself out. My sixline did this for 2 days but he got over it. My goby keeps at it! ???

my test results seem normal
ammonia 0
nitrates 0
temp 77-78 all day
salinity 1.025

IMG_4499.jpg

IMG_4504.jpg

here's a vid of him stressing out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddEPfXgt3C8

it looks to be that my peppermint shrimp was the one that was possibly attacking my goby. I came home yesterday to find he was attacking my sixline. Weird how the shrimp suddenly snapped and decided to start attacking my fish. ???

I don't doubt the shrimp is going after them... the question is if the shrimp is going after it because it has a parasite or something it is trying to eat off of it or senses it is dying.... as opposed to the shrimp is causing the problem. I doubt a shrimp would cause that. He's likely just going after the fish because it senses something is wrong.

thats possible, its just the shrimp has never acted this way before. My sixline was healthy the day before and yesterday I saw the peppermint chase the sixline around in the caves, and then the peppermint would lunge and grab the sixline by the face, and literally maul on it aggressively. No doubt in my mind it was an attack. Maybe it did sense it was dying and that was why it's acting this way. same thing could be said about the goby. I dont think i'll ever quite know what happened, i'll just have to move on and assume for now its the shrimp.

thanks for your suggestions. i am going to return the shrimp tomorrow.

Back