Cali Kid Corals

If you could only have 1 acro

tricolor valida, only acro i havent been able to kill so far so ill stick with that. As it is I only have 2 acros in my tank right now

So if it were me I might consider going with branching digitata's in all colors. Fast growers, "easy SPS", and comes in lots of colors that can coexist and grow into each other. Pink, blue, orange, bubblegum, etc and great growth patterns.

I was waiting for someone to say Purple Monster!

Garf Bonsai is nice and so is Red Planet.

Anyone have a huge colony picture of a rainbow tenius? WD or HW?

I want to see how the base looks as a large colony.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
The purple monster crossed my mind since I knew you liked that one but that would take like a decade to grow out.

That would still take an awfully long time.

2018_10_16_pm_0628to1016.jpg

Don’t worry about hard to grow acros.

I’m pretty sure I can grow acros. [emoji12]

And it will literally be an SPS tank not mixed reef!

How about pearlberry or hyperberry?

Don’t worry about hard to grow acros.

I’m pretty sure I can grow acros. [emoji12]

And it will literally be an SPS tank not mixed reef!

How about pearlberry or hyperberry?

Pearlberry I had thought of too but its color is more on the pastel side instead of that vibrant saturated pop (at least for everyone except @Ibn). Hyperberry would be good though.

Vincent: this was my initial idea as well. I thought it would be amazing to just have a tank that looks extremely simple, with just one coral in it. I'm a huge fan of tanks that don't define the aquascaping with rock, but with coral.

My initial idea with my small tank was to put a small rock in the middle, and grow a single acro. No fish. Just kind of like an art installation. All the biofiltration etc. would be in the sump, rather than in the display.

Ultimately fish, but ones that don't really care for hiding spaces as much initially, but do like to be in/around branches of an acro (chromis for example).

This is hard if it's your only tank, but if you already have a reef tank full of stuff, having one minimalistic tank sounds incredible.

I'm doing a small home remodel soon, and will be able to accomodate a much larger tank. I'll fill that one up with my heart's desire, but I'm going to convert my RSR170 into a minimal tank. Just three acros, or maybe just one magnifica in the center with a bunch of clownfish (we know how that one has gone though...). It could even plumb into the larger tank.

Either way, I think you should do it, especially if you can supplement all your other wants into a different tank ;)

My choice for an acro? Probably a pearlberry or something similar.

Hey Art - How is that Pearlberry I gave you doing ?

It's alive! Such a slow grower at the moment, but one of my favorites of all time. It kept getting knocked over so I had to reglue it a few times, but it's been set sideways and embeded deep in glue now, so it's not going anywhere. Still good colors and a few new corallites have grown, but still flat and not growing upwards yet.

Back