Cali Kid Corals

Requesting: skimmer reco

Thanks for everyone's help! I ordered the 9001. Amazon reviews are confusing...the Coralife had "better" reviews. LOL
Erin is great! He has saved my tank from a couple of near disasters (all caused by yours truly unfortunately).

I think you’ll like it. It pulls out a tea like consistency on skimate. Not anything close to my reef octopus on my main display but it works nine the less. I think the people who complain don’t set it up properly. Mine is about a quarter inch higher than the recommended water line...

I have the Tunze in a little box on a 22g frag tank which is fine but doesn't have much to remove from the water.
Also have the Aquatic Life in a 29g Biocube of clowns and BTAs and that thing fills up with thick gunk. I need to clean it more often. I'm saying I think it does a good job.

IM’s ghost skimmer seems to have a bad rep, but I have had no problems with mine. Micro bubbles were gone after a 3 week break in period. Produces good skimmate, a tad on the wet side. Noise level isn’t whisper quiet, but isn’t bad either. Cup level and Venturi adjustment is key.

Edit: Oops, too late. Didn’t realize you already decided on the tunze. Let us know how it does for you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
IM’s ghost skimmer seems to have a bad rep, but I have had no problems with mine. Micro bubbles were gone after a 3 week break in period. Produces good skimmate, a tad on the wet side. Noise level isn’t whisper quiet, but isn’t bad either. Cup level and Venturi adjustment is key.

Edit: Oops, too late. Didn’t realize you already decided on the tunze. Let us know how it does for you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm happy to look at the Ghost skimmer! Thanks for the reco!

Back