got ethical husbandry?

Best Coral Glue From Lowes

Hi, I want to permanently mount this beauty to the rock behind him. He's currently nestled in the sand bed. Best fast setting super glue from lowes?

Also this one has a second branch but nothing is growing from it...will it grow out or should i trim it off?

Attachments

• IMG_6013.jpg
    IMG_6013.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 215
I tried gel super glue from hardware store before but found ic gel performs better in that ic gel stays in form better and does not release as much of a thin layer of glue when it hits water.

Superglue will work but many times it will release little balls of glue into the aquarium. Unfortunately fish will mouth these to see if they are food. You have to be very careful.

The BSI IC gel glue is the best in my opinion. I don’t know if they sell it at Lowe’s, but they might, it is not Reef hobby specific. The one that comes in a tube is best because you can use it underwater. They sell it at reef stores and lots of online stores including BRS and Amazon:

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/ic-gel-insta-cure-cyanoacrylate-gel.html

All super glues are cyanoacrylate, but the formulation makes a big difference for frustration level.

Do yourself a favor, get glue from whereever, but search on amazon (probably BRS too) for some "glue accelerator" it makes the whole "sets up quick" worry moot.

BSI IC gel glue is really easy work with; worth the little bit of extra cash in that it sticks the first time and you don't have your hands in the tank longer then necessary.

Back