Kessil

Colored PVC and fittings

SupraSaltyReefer

Supporting Member
Anyone know if Neptune's sell 3/4" Blue PVC? Don't feel like driving all the way there if they don't carry it. Or any other place local to East Bay?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Home Depot sells them, but they're special order. They do however ship them to stores for free usually it takes around a week though. Just search for "furniture grade pvc blue"

I got mine from Home Depot right before Neptune started carrying it. I can’t say for sure that they still have it though.

I bought 3/4” Blue & 1” Red pvc pipe at Neptune’s about two weeks ago, so I’d say it’s a safe bet they still have it in-stock; not sure they have colored fittings though.

Last edited:
Yes, they have colored pvc. I asked Robert awhile back in regards to their pvc pipes and he carries them in 3 different sizes. You'll have to find your colored fittings elsewhere though.

Yes, they have colored pvc. I asked Robert awhile back in regards to their pvc pipes and he carries them in 3 different sizes. You'll have to find your colored fittings elsewhere though.
Have you been able to actually find colored fittings? I’ve only seen the white and grey ones.

I have never really understood the colored pvc thing.
What is wrong with just painting your plumbing?
Saves a ton of time and hassle, and you get exactly the color you want.

Covers up the globs of purple-primer as well.
:)

Have you been able to actually find colored fittings? I’ve only seen the white and grey ones.

HD has colored fittings like the pipes. Furniture grade so it doesn’t have the flashings and are smooth the whole way around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yep, HD has them, but you have to order them since I've never seen them in the usual brick and mortar stores that I frequent. You can find some of them on Amazon as well, but it'll cost you more.

Painting is an option sure especially if it isnt submerged. But saves time? how do you figure?

Just searching online for the right colored parts takes longer than a quick squirt of paint.
Then you wait for shipping ... and if (when) you miss a part, wait again...

I can go to HD, get all the parts I want, start the job, go back for missing parts, get the job done, and paint, all in an afternoon.
Although I only painted when I had my 55G, and sump was in the house.

Ok saves time, as in you can do it quicker from start to finish, not saves time as in it actually saves you time to do it. Because gluing pvc is the same in both cases, just painting it requires you to prep, paint, and let dry, which takes time.

Because if I wanted solid black pvc, and I didn't need it now, I can simply order online, and wait then bam parts are here it plumbs together the same.

Back