Neptune Aquatics

Hi from Santa Cruz

Hello everyone! My wife, kids, and I decided to take the plunge and get a reef tank. We’ve been lurking on here and a few other forums for a little bit now and figured we should create an account. We’re in the process of starting our tank, and I have a fun weekend of plumbing ahead, lol. Anyways, just thought we’d say hi!

Reactions: JVU
Welcome to this club it is a great place to gain knowledge.

Have you gone to License to Krill over by Costco in Santa Cruz? If not you should stop on in and see Jeff he has a great store with corals, fish, and some dry goods/equipment.

Yeah. I’ve been to License to Krill a few times. Jeff has actually giving me tons of advice on how to start my tank (and he’s cleaning my rock for me too!). I just put in an order with him for most of my equipment, which will hopefully be here Wednesday. His shop is about 10 minutes from my house, so it’s great having him so close by. I even stopped in and had him check out the listing for the used tank I bought before I got it.

Thanks. I might try and get one started tonight. I’m trying to plan out my weekend of plumbing so we can get water in our tank. The plan is to hit up Neptune’s tomorrow morning to pick up a sump, grab some bulkheads, and then get to plumbing. It’s a lot to figure out though since I decided to get crazy and put my sump in the garage, lol.

Does it get cold in the garage? Unless the area is well insulated. You know... winter is coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back