Neptune Aquatics

Jebao powerhead

There's a history of Vortech pumps not being able to grab as tightly with the "proper spacing" on LeeMar tanks, I have no idea what dark art caused that to happen, but yeah it has happened more than once with LeeMar owners.

The Jebaos seem to have quieted down a little bit. Hopefully they’ll keep going and get a little quieter still.

If you want to be sure that the quieting down isn't your brain telling you to ignore the loud constant sound, download a free decibel meter app for your phone. I use "Decibel X" on my iPhone.

glass behaving funny with magnets?

What dark arts is this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So at first I was thinking --- just -- no.
But maybe...

Starphire and other quality glass is low iron, and LeeMarr could be using that.
I looked it up, and low iron glass is 0.01% iron, where regular glass can be upwards of 0.1% iron.
Not much, but I guess that actually could make a difference if you are right on the borderline.
Science fun!

I remember the one I got, forgot the model number definitely not one of the nanostreams, but it was a new batch and the got cheap and put weaker magnets that could only hang onto 1/2" glass instead od 3/4" that earlier models could do. and they werent even that strong (magnet) like it barely hung on. of course this was a LeeMar tank and their glass has a history of behaving funny with magnets.
Hmm, that would be annoying.
I know they sell a really heavy duty magnet for 1" glass. But hate to do that.
On the other hand, pumps die, but the magnet holders pretty much last forever.

So at first I was thinking --- just -- no.
But maybe...

Starphire and other quality glass is low iron, and LeeMarr could be using that.
I looked it up, and low iron glass is 0.01% iron, where regular glass can be upwards of 0.1% iron.
Not much, but I guess that actually could make a difference if you are right on the borderline.
Science fun!
Interesting theory, 10x the iron maybe they're all aligning to make the magnetic field just a bit stronger... then you have to ask... but what about acrylic of the same thickness? Iron content = 0.00%? :D

Back