Reef nutrition

Yet another cube, small cube thing in progress.

Anemone has recovered nicely; an odd thing may have happened while in the ICU container.
After having both “halves” isolated in a bucket with a heater, small pump and carbon, I placed them in a small plastic container with several holes drilled and held high on the tank with couple magnets. I noticed that it has fused (if I may call it this way) together and healed. Anemone has found a spot far away from any danger and hope the lesson was learned.

Finally picked up the CO2 tank and next step is to set the CaRx, simple Korallin unit and will add a second chamber to it; already have a peristaltic pump to feed it.
While I complete the build of the regulator, I’ve attached a simple JBJ to the tank and cleaned the check valve on the CaRx as it was stuck. As usual, missing little things here and there, have to add some glycerin to the bubble counter, have some (somewhere) but asked my sister and she has some to share.
Great news about healing of the anemone. Any pics? Is there any noticeable scar tissue or does it look as if it was never damaged?

Unfortunate, I don't have a decent camera to take pictures; they come very blue on my phone.
Anemone healed very nice; I noticed it was "fused" back because it looked like having a big tumor or experimenting mitosis. It found a spot on what I hope becomes a zoanthid rock. If indeed there was a scar on it, I'm sure someone would write a song about a "scar tissue that I wish you saw"
People been propagating anemones on a cutting boards for years; clean cut with a sharp blade. I was surprised the anemone made it back because it looked like it had gone through a meat grinder.

My magnifica was chopped up by my WAV 3 times. Each time I just shut the WAV off, it untangled itself and crawled away to heal. Always looked really bad but all 3 times healed up just fine.

Back