Kessil

Plastic Cutting Board for Glass Tank Bottom?

I can probably help people out when I put together my own rock scape sometime in the near future. When all depends on when my office remodel is complete. I've done a fair number of these in the past.
You finally pulled the trigger on getting your office done? Are you putting a tank in it?

Yes, in the process of remodeling my office right now. I'll likely be putting in a red sea 625 xxl or a 650 peninsula. I will have a closet next to it to house a lot of the equipment including some water tanks. I'm putting in a shower pan into the closet as well. It should be pretty nice. My office was supposed to be completed last year but things are dragging out. I can't wait to get a tank started again.

Yes, in the process of remodeling my office right now. I'll likely be putting in a red sea 625 xxl or a 650 peninsula. I will have a closet next to it to house a lot of the equipment including some water tanks. I'm putting in a shower pan into the closet as well. It should be pretty nice. My office was supposed to be completed last year but things are dragging out. I can't wait to get a tank started again.
That’s exciting. Sounds like it’s time for a tank journal.

i find that once you dabble with the emarco it's pretty easy, and fun to get creative. All you need is cardboard, rubber gloves, many red kegger cups, tongue depressors, a hammer and chisel.

FYI I just ran across this and thought I'd give you another option. The thin rock on the bottom is (I think) the BRS shelf rock. Tile the bottom with that and you're set.

50399579_2653279271378966_6986000092058615808_o.jpg

I am going to use this for the bottom of the used tanks I just got. I just got a few quotes from custom tank makers and they all offer it as an upgrade, so I figure why not add it myself for the small price it's going cost. They must do it for a reason.

https://www.tapplastics.com/product/plastics/cut_to_size_plastic/king_starboard/526

I used that on a tank of mine a few years ago. Hated it and had to get rid of it after about 5 months. On a tank your size that would be a huge issue. No matter how well measured there is always some minuscule little space between the starboard and the glass. That will fill with icky shit and eventually just looks awful and you can't get to it to scrape it out.

I used that on a tank of mine a few years ago. Hated it and had to get rid of it after about 5 months. On a tank your size that would be a huge issue. No matter how well measured there is always some minuscule little space between the starboard and the glass. That will fill with icky shit and eventually just looks awful and you can't get to it to scrape it out.
Thanks for the advice, I was very worried about that. Guess so much for that plan, at least I didn't order it yet.

Well you don't need it to be that thick, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if the silicone around the bottom of the tank is thicker than the thickness you really want for any board material that goes on it.

Back