Reef nutrition

Is my Maroon Clown behaving ok?

Hi,
I have took 2 videos with my maroon clown and other fishes that are in quarantine and I am not sure if this is normal behavior or not.

Not sure why they are swimming like that in the quarantine tank. I am done with the 4 weeks of quarantine and I was planning to put them in the main display.

After that I want to buy another maroon clown that is a smaller version in the hopes he will become a male. And I also want to get other fishes.

The videos are a little dark because it was 1 AM when I was recording the videos and I did not want to add more light to disturb them.

Here are the 2 videos that I took:
Swimming by the gobby

Swimming with the other fish I am not sure what fish is that

Certainly not abnormal for a clown to swim in a corner like that. Not sure what the goby behavior was all about, but since it was nighttime, and if they act normally the rest of the time, I wouldn't be worried. Maybe we can get @fishdoctor to chime in though. As to adding another maroon to turn male -- well -- there's two parts to that. All clowns start as male. Your's most likely is male now. What that means is you need to introduce a slightly smaller male asap before the other one gets to territorial and kills the next addition. Maroons are very aggressive while establishing dominance and introducing one long after the first is almost certain death for it.

My clown past away. I moved some water from the main tank in the quarantine tank and I think I still had parasites in that water and that killed my maroon clown and a goby. Supper sad...
Not sure exactly what happen but he had white poop and he was not really eating. They ware in the quarantine tank for like 4 weeks. Or maybe there ware still parasites from before and he got sick later on.

I had API general cure in the tank for 3 days maybe that did not help that much since I had to remove the carbon filter.

The only thing that keeps me moving forward, is that I receive some corals at the past event and they are all open and nice in my quarantine frag system :). And I moved 4 corals from the main tank to the quarantine tank and see if they will do better since the water I think is better there.

I will do a 30% water change on my 75G tank and I just bought GFO and Carbon so I will add that on my main display. Apparently I have really high phosphate on the main display.

Back