got ethical husbandry?

Genesis Renew/Storm

No experience with it other than remembering others clamor about it way back in the day, was one of the first auto water changing devices out there well before the Apex even existed.

I cam real close to pulling the trigger on (a used) one a few years ago. IIRC, they take up a lot of real estate for the buckets.

I understand that, but will have a closet with a floor drain/shower pan at the bottom. I'm going to have my mixing system in the closet as well.

I looked at it a bit when I was setting up my auto-water-exchange.

I decided peristaltic pumps were better than their pump/metering method.
And a whole lot cheaper.

I also decided against having a relay control the RODI filter.
Seemed risky, and no way to flush before/after each use.
Of course, I occasionally forget.

I have a renew system and it worked great. But it is a lot bulkier. I still have the head unit but I have already repurpose most of the float switches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have a renew system and it worked great. But it is a lot bulkier. I still have the head unit but I have already repurpose most of the float switches.
What made you shut it down?

I looked at it a bit when I was setting up my auto-water-exchange.

I decided peristaltic pumps were better than their pump/metering method.
And a whole lot cheaper.

I also decided against having a relay control the RODI filter.
Seemed risky, and no way to flush before/after each use.
Of course, I occasionally forget.
That is true, about the flushing. Why do you think peristaltic pumps are better. I feel like their metering system is probably the most accurate.

That is true, about the flushing. Why do you think peristaltic pumps are better. I feel like their metering system is probably the most accurate.
Both are accurate enough.
The problem I had was more about head pressure. I need a low-flow pump that can push 12' of head.
Peristaltic was better suited for that. Although a diaphragm would work I guess.

That makes sense if you need to push 12'. Since this tank is will be at my office, I am trying to minimize any maintenance that I need to do. What percentage do you change out on a daily basis? Are you dosing or running a calcium reactor?

That makes sense if you need to push 12'. Since this tank is will be at my office, I am trying to minimize any maintenance that I need to do. What percentage do you change out on a daily basis? Are you dosing or running a calcium reactor?
Me:
About 1.5 gallons/day, so 0.5% (so 15% per month)
No reactor. I dose Kalk + Alk + CA. (yes, both methods)
Oh - and it is currently broken. Tubing clogged with salt. Plan to fix it this weekend.

That really looks a bit crazy. But all it is is a RO/DI with peristaltic pumps to do continuous water changes? Seems like a waste of money in that package.

It was/is supposed to do more than that; remove nutrients, water changes, top off, removal of toxic stuff; hence the name Dialy-seas. In the end, does look only like a fancy RODI

I got a smaller ago like atk. But when I used the renew it worked flawless.

Back