Cali Kid Corals

Want to add more fish

Yes. I have auto feeder 4x per day w pellets and usually feed frozen twice as well.
Is your auto feeder on the rim on your DT? I was wondering if it's possible to have one in the sump above the return pump so the food gets sucked in and then shot into the DT and then you don't have the eye sore of an auto feeder on the DT. Any idea?

Is your auto feeder on the rim on your DT? I was wondering if it's possible to have one in the sump above the return pump so the food gets sucked in and then shot into the DT and then you don't have the eye sore of an auto feeder on the DT. Any idea?
It can work. You wanna make sure pellets sink right into the pump intake and not have any reactors etc, getting flow from the pump.

For a few months I manually fed into the return chamber of the sump. It works well and is relatively fool-proof when someone else is feeding for me, but turns into one more thing to have to clean at some point.

I’m considering putting my AFS feeder over the sump just so I don’t have to look at it or hear as much. With the understanding that it will probably rust out sooner.

So am I crazy for thinking of adding 4-5 females and 1 male anthias to this tank or is that too much?

I’ve always loved the bartletts anthias

I would be essentially doubling my bioload

I would look for small ones, but I think 4-5 Mathias would be perfect. Lyretails are supposed to be social butterflies and I’m pretty sure are cheaper than the Bartletts.

Well, we’ll see how it goes. 6 new bartletts from AC today.
b544d3cbd20c8cac863631ff08ccb0a1.jpg
5182398e91715298d3c746c91ea38368.jpg

Nice to see your having luck. I’ve always been told if you want 5 anthias buy 8. As for being fed twice or more a day I have an unknown anthias ( looks like a Bartletts. It’s been quite content with eating once a day

As an update I still have 4. One is definitely turning into a male.

One jumped yesterday and my dog was going nuts for about 5 minutes.

Thankfully my wife was home and was able to put it back into the tank. It’s still alive and eating but definitely hiding all the time now. It’s probably scared from the experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It took my yellow tang jumping out before a built my screen top. That’s really good that your wife was able to put it back in and that your dog didn’t try and eat it.

I failed to mention that I did lose one of them to jumping about a month ago. So 6 is now 4.

I will not do a screen. They look horrible and are a pain in the rear to deal with when maintaining the tank. If they jump, they jump. Plus my wife said no lids ever. She loves the rimless look.

I think they jump when the auto feeder goes off. Al, the fish are jockeying for food. Bound to happen eventually.

Back