Cali Kid Corals

LED users with SPS, how long are your lights on? Intensity?

Just taking an informal poll here because something got me curious. Just curious how much power you're throwing over your tank with LEDs, doesn't need to be exact, if you keep them on for 12 hours at 50% power just say max wattage x 50% x 12 hours, and whatever the spec wattage is fine. Also how large of a tank you cover?

So lets say you kept 2 G4 Pro at 50% for 12 hrs a day radions over a 4'x2' tank ,
2 x 190W x 50% x 12hrs over 4'x2' area

No need to worry about ramp up and down unless you want to, or if it's relatively extreme (4 hours ramp up and down), then just make a note of it no need to do any math for yourself.

Aqamai LRM x 2 , 48" x 18" @ 100W Max, 100%, 11 hours+...plus a lil some'm, some'm through the night

Screenshot_20190408-092529_Aqamai.jpg

Hydra 52. 135 watts. Less than 50% power. 18" x 24" x 18" deep tank. Approx 8 hour photoperiod.

Attachments

• Ai Screen.jpg
    Ai Screen.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 217
My total light period is VERY long.

Starts to ramp up around 6.30am and down around 11pm. Can’t remember when I’m at peak but I’m guessing around 8 to 10. Peak is 70%.

2 AP700s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My total light period is VERY long.

Starts to ramp up around 6.30am and down around 11pm. Can’t remember when I’m at peak but I’m guessing around 8 to 10. Peak is 70%.

2 AP700s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I’m curious as to why your period is so long?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because the sun is up 12+ hours a day.

That’s the nice thing about LED’s. You can mimic the long sunrise and sunset period.

I’m curious as to why your period is so long?

Thats how I've always run my lights. Though I may have too much light currently.

The idea is to run lower levels but longer periods. But the current tank being 30" deep, I wanted good par at least down to the middle third of the tank.

Because the sun is up 12+ hours a day.

That’s the nice thing about LED’s. You can mimic the long sunrise and sunset period.

Not to be a smartass but, My math says that it is 14-15h. And, most actual reefs don’t see 12h of sun.

Thats how I've always run my lights. Though I may have too much light currently.

The idea is to run lower levels but longer periods. But the current tank being 30" deep, I wanted good par at least down to the middle third of the tank.
Glad to know that I’m not the only one with a 30” deep tank.

Back