Reef nutrition

New Tank Recommendation

boun11

Supporting Member
I have never bought a brand new tank but this time around I am buying a new tank unless I come across something amazing before I place an order for the new tank.

My option:
Waterbox aquarium 130.4- 48"x24"x22"(any one have this size tank running or have a waterbox aquarium tank running.
Aqua Lab tank (they build this themselves) 48"x24"x19"- anyone has a tank built by them running
Crystal Dynamic tank- 48"x24"x20" or 48"x30"x20"--

Any thought on these options? Thanks!

I have never bought a brand new tank but this time around I am buying a new tank unless I come across something amazing before I place an order for the new tank.

My option:
Waterbox aquarium 130.4- 48"x24"x22"(any one have this size tank running or have a waterbox aquarium tank running.
Aqua Lab tank (they build this themselves) 48"x24"x19"- anyone has a tank built by them running
Crystal Dynamic tank- 48"x24"x20" or 48"x30"x20"--

Any thought on these options? Thanks!
I have a 90g tank (full setup) for sale.. it's a 48x24x19... I am selling tank, custom stand, skimmer, sump and return pump all for $850 obo.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...&share_tid=23724&share_fid=70223&share_type=t

PM me if you want to talk business lol

[emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I have a few friends selling tanks.

Lee Mar 150. 48/30/24

Cadlights 72/24/24 maybe.

edit: Cadlights is 60/24/20

Last edited:
Sca has something good pricing. I’d go for the 48x30 footprint crystal dynamics personally.
@tankguy is gonna be selling Ian’s old tank soon...assuming you can fit a 6 footer tho?

If you can find a good used one, certainly consider it. It would save a ton of cash of course.

I would recommend the Crystal Dynamic 48"x30"x20"
The extra front-to-back width really matters when you put water in it.
Less height is often a good thing though. Less light penetration issues, and easier to reach the bottom.
The extra volume makes a noticeable difference on the types of fish you can handle.
I think that one is Eurobraced, not rimless, which I consider a good thing. Extra strength and few spills, but not quite as nice looking.
Not sure you really need Starphire for 1/2 inch glass, but up to personal preference.

Waterbox tanks are beautiful imo...and better pricing than Red Sea.

I got an Aqua Japan tank from Aqua Labs. Great price on that one. About same dimensions as one you mention that they build themselves

Sca has something good pricing. I’d go for the 48x30 footprint crystal dynamics personally.
@tankguy is gonna be selling Ian’s old tank soon...assuming you can fit a 6 footer tho?

Yes, Ian's old tank was in my garage for awhile before he finally set it up at his house and then he took it down. It is too big for my place for sure!

as much as I like to save money as the next guy...
BUY A NEW TANK
one with a WARRANTY
I hope you never need it!!

isn't tank failure the reason for this new tank...

Back