Cali Kid Corals

Ashburn's 187g endgame tank

tiles cut
3747f47691af696120a698cc979c75cb.jpg

In action

99b2d5635496fd78c057d2923a6c39c9.jpg

78715b1701caae6a1abeac1742b6803c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The glaze side is what I would be most worried about, but then it's all based on color, white tiles probably are titanium dioxide or something similar, green or blue tiles however those more likely than not have some sort of copper in them to give them that color. If you're really worried about them though a bench grinder or angle grinder on the glazed side to remove it, and just soak them in a bucket of tank water for a day or so.

Man what a smart idea.... tiles are so much cheaper than these damn frag disks. Arent there unglazed tiles? They are even cheaper!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually unglazed are often more expensive because they tend to be made thicker. That said, a quick look at Home Depot's website shows an unglazed tile at about $3.60 a square foot (they may be cheaper than that even), and if you chop it into 2" squares that's still 36 pieces, or about 10 cents a "frag plug"

That said, how much money are you really going to save? You might as well get some dry base rock and slice it on a tile saw into small discs, at least then you can be a bit more confident of what the material is made out of.

The glaze side is what I would be most worried about, but then it's all based on color, white tiles probably are titanium dioxide or something similar, green or blue tiles however those more likely than not have some sort of copper in them to give them that color. If you're really worried about them though a bench grinder or angle grinder on the glazed side to remove it, and just soak them in a bucket of tank water for a day or so.

If the glaze worries you, try 3x6" travertine tiles. It's what I use in my frag tanks. Travertine is just natural limestone, so shouldn't cause any problems. Not as cheap as the ceramic tiles though.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/MSI-Bol...ll-Tile-1-sq-ft-case-THDW3-T-CH3X6T/100664325

wow lucky. whenever the base turns white for me, the top goes right after. The ones I am able to save are the ones where I have to cut off the white and reglue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back